PSF Song of the Day

ncrobb
Founding Member

Time to lighten things up.

“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Whalehead King

I never know the date and I rarely know the day of the week. Occupational hazard. Every day is the same for me, except for Sunday, of course, when I still work but I carve out some time for Mass. If I'm overlapping the current song of the day, apologies to NR Cobb. I think I'm okay, though.

Mrs. King likes it when I play this CD: "This is your theme song." Not really, but close enough. I don't eat enough paw-paws for it to be my theme.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Plenty of room for all @Whalehead King.

This is my theme song.

ncrobb
Founding Member

It is Sunday....

Whalehead King

It is Sunday. Thanks N.R. Cobb for sharing that. I don't usually sit through the whole rendition of bare-boned musicianship like that. It was worth it. It was well worth it. Thanks for sharing that.

That said, I spent a long time talking about Bill Withers today. Who? That was my first reaction, too. Why are we talking about this soul singer I've never heard of? It turns out that we may not know his name but we know more the a few of his songs. He's soulful, alright:

Overheard today in New Orleans:

Man #1: "How do you turn a duck into a soul singer?"

Man #2: "I don't know. How do you turn a duck into a soul singer?"

Man #1: "You put the duck in a microwave and turn it on high until his bill withers."

Man #2: "I don't get it."

Man #3 (from a few barstools away): "Even if you did get the joke it still wouldn't be funny."
LtPiper

Needed a laugh today - and this does it to me every time. Man, they don't make them like they used to.
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:35 pm It is Sunday. Thanks N.R. Cobb for sharing that. I don't usually sit through the whole rendition of bare-boned musicianship like that. It was worth it. It was well worth it. Thanks for sharing that.

That said, I spent a long time talking about Bill Withers today. Who? That was my first reaction, too. Why are we talking about this soul singer I've never heard of? It turns out that we may not know his name but we know more the a few of his songs. He's soulful, alright:

Overheard today in New Orleans:

Man #1: "How do you turn a duck into a soul singer?"

Man #2: "I don't know. How do you turn a duck into a soul singer?"

Man #1: "You put the duck in a microwave and turn it on high until his bill withers."

Man #2: "I don't get it."

Man #3 (from a few barstools away): "Even if you did get the joke it still wouldn't be funny."

This is one of my favorite songs. It's one of the best songs ever.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I'm going to post two today. Both for the metalheads amongst us: one is local, (to my area hardcore), the other is metal nostalgia... in case you didn't know the awesomeness of this dude.

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

This smoky, smooth as velvet voice!

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

I have heard this song while I've been out and about at least once for the past three days. The last time I heard is was about an hour and a half ago as Joe Krown played it on the piano during brunch.

Joe Krown:

He cut off his pony tail about a month ago. He's going on tour in Australia starting tomorrow. It's always nice to see him.

My favorite Stan Getz/Gilbertos song is, of course, The Girl From Ipanema. Long and tan and young and lovely.... Who doesn't like that song? Crazy people----that's who!