PSF Song of the Day

ncrobb
Founding Member

Steve Earle wrote this about Townes Van Zandt after he passed away. I kinda like Guy’s version better.

“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
LtPiper

I've been watching these two for a couple of years. They call themselves "Light Parade". I really enjoy their music - they have great chemistry and are fun to watch . . . so here is my song of the day -

"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
ncrobb
Founding Member

My grandmother’s brother in law (my great uncle?) had a 1967 C10 truck and my dad had an International flat bed farm truck. This song reminds me of riding with them. My great uncle would sing Ian Tyson cowboy sounds and goofy Roger Miller songs while he meandered around.

Whalehead King

If you know someone special who may be willing to recreate this song and scene for you....

Boop-boop-de-doop!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:27 pm
I give it an 8.5 out of 10. It's danceable. :)
Whalehead King

Which weighs more, an ounce of Squadron Leader or an ounce of Carter Hall? An ounce of the new Three Nuns or an ounce of Presbyterian Mixture? An ounce of Moontrance or an ounce of Smokers' Pride?

I like to meditate on the state of pipe smokers today when I listen to this song.

Pay particular attention at 2:26 of this video. Who's faces do you see at the end of each stalk? I see Sisyphus on top. As for the other four, I'll leave it up to you to decide. I have my own picture in my head. I'm not gonna say it's a pretty picture, but it's a satisfying one as PSF moves forward into the future.

Brrrr-rr-rrr--rrrr-rrrrr.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:27 pm
I’ve heard a guy do this song and he has a Jerry Lee Lewis vibe. Very cool.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Not the original arrangement but I really like How he did it.

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!