PSF Song of the Day

User avatar
ncrobb
Founding Member
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:16 pm

This is my favorite version of one of my favorite Guy Clark songs. My “LA Freeway” is a corp job.

This post by ncrobb liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyoldbillMaynard
“Spread your arms, hold your breath and always trust your cape.” - Guy Clark
User avatar
oldbill
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:11 pm
Location: Kyle, TX

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:19 pm

Here's an oldie but goody, I always get a chuckle when I hear it. :D
This post by oldbill liked by (total 2):
MaynardPreacher1611
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:34 pm

Prolly the worst song and worst video that you will hear/see this week. Don't ask why I'm listening to 70s kid TV show themes. I am a glutton for punishment.

This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 2):
Maynardoldbill
I run a small hotel in New Orleans. It's in Louisiana, in case you're thinking of another New Orleans I've never heard of.
User avatar
oldbill
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:11 pm
Location: Kyle, TX

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:14 pm

I was listening to a set I made of Paul McCartney on the back patio today and this song grabbed me, so I thought I'd share it...

Have a good night y'all!
This post by oldbill liked by:
Maynard
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am

Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:54 pm

This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 3):
oldbillMaynardPreacher1611
I run a small hotel in New Orleans. It's in Louisiana, in case you're thinking of another New Orleans I've never heard of.
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:00 pm

oldbill wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:14 pm
I was listening to a set I made of Paul McCartney on the back patio today and this song grabbed me, so I thought I'd share it...

Have a good night y'all!
This recent McCartney video was shot in New Orleans. The security guard is dancing in the shop where I buy my suits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSU4O7FzrRU
This post by Whalehead King liked by:
oldbill
I run a small hotel in New Orleans. It's in Louisiana, in case you're thinking of another New Orleans I've never heard of.
User avatar
oldbill
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:11 pm
Location: Kyle, TX

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:59 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:00 pm
oldbill wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:14 pm
I was listening to a set I made of Paul McCartney on the back patio today and this song grabbed me, so I thought I'd share it...

Have a good night y'all!
This recent McCartney video was shot in New Orleans. The security guard is dancing in the shop where I buy my suits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSU4O7FzrRU
Here's a great little song that I found as I was putting together a CD set of Paul, reminds me of the Sgt Pepper days. :D
This post by oldbill liked by (total 2):
MaynardPreacher1611
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:13 pm

I love this song:



An accordion is a sure fire way to have a hit.
This post by Whalehead King liked by:
Preacher1611
I run a small hotel in New Orleans. It's in Louisiana, in case you're thinking of another New Orleans I've never heard of.
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Alright, I don't expect everyone to be in love with "You Promised Me," by In-Grid because we all have our own musical preferences and we come from all sorts of backgrounds. I came of age at Danceteria and Limelight in the New York club scene in the 80s so I can command a dance floor when I choose to (which isn't often now that I'm over 50 and my style dates me as much as John Travolta's would date him) but I can get into a groove and take it over and get into it.

Dt-dt-dt-dt-t-t-dt-dt-dittt. ---That sells records.

Then, I see a crowd of Russkie stone-faces sitting through this song and I'm thinking to myself, Man, are these stiffs dead from the scalp down or what?

This may not be your favorite music but watching the crowd at this New Year's Eve concert is like watching paint dry. They paid money to be part of the audience so, presumably, they like they like the music. You'd never guess from their (non) reactions:

This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 2):
houtenzielPeacock
I run a small hotel in New Orleans. It's in Louisiana, in case you're thinking of another New Orleans I've never heard of.
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 2185
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:37 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:35 pm
Alright, I don't expect everyone to be in love with "You Promised Me," by In-Grid because we all have our own musical preferences and we come from all sorts of backgrounds. I came of age at Danceteria and Limelight in the New York club scene in the 80s so I can command a dance floor when I choose to (which isn't often now that I'm over 50 and my style dates me as much as John Travolta's would date him) but I can get into a groove and take it over and get into it.

Dt-dt-dt-dt-t-t-dt-dt-dittt. ---That sells records.

Then, I see a crowd of Russkie stone-faces sitting through this song and I'm thinking to myself, Man, are these stiffs dead from the scalp down or what?

This may not be your favorite music but watching the crowd at this New Year's Eve concert is like watching paint dry. They paid money to be part of the audience so, presumably, they like they like the music. You'd never guess from their (non) reactions:

At first the blank faces were sort of disturbing to me, but after a while I couldn't help but laugh at them. I can't help but think there is something cultural going on here.
This post by houtenziel liked by:
Whalehead King
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
Post Reply