33%
Snowman's 1974 Kenworth W-900
67%
Sonny's 1974 Kenworth W-950
No votes

Total votes: 6
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I love polls. Our polls here on PSF are never skewed and always accurate.

And I love trucks. We'll call them that because it's normal, sane, and accepted. We could say tractor or whatever. We'll stick with truck. Ever since the truck/CB craze of the mid-1970s I have been a fan. A big fan. I had a CB but I didn't have a truck onacounta I was a teenager back then.

I liked the whole idea of truck driving. Of being on my own, rolling across this country, seeing all the sights and having all the adventures. Turns out it's hard work, tons of regulations, taxing on the fam. So instead I went with THP which turned out to be hard work, tons of regulations, and taxing on the fam.

My favorite truck back then was a White Freightliner cabover, double sleeper. Out of all the fancy, showy rigs I don't know why it was my favorite but it was. I had a friend who was enamored with conventional Peterbilts. He drew them all the time, on classroom desks, bookcovers, whatever his pencil found to decorate.

We all liked KW. They were used in TV programs and movies. Maybe they were more photogenic than the Petes. I don't know. I do know the trucks were the real stars of the shows. (BJ got a new truck every year of his show, 79-81). Must be nice.

BJ and the Bear
Smokey and the Bandit
Movin' On
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Welp, you got my vote. Outta these three the 900 is what I'd driveπŸ‘ If it's a flat top the little napper is always my choice. I'm a Kenworth fan over Peterbilt but I love me an old Mack!
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:58 pm So instead I went with THP which turned out to be hard work, tons of regulations, and taxing on the fam.
and you still got to hang around trucksπŸ‘
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:18 pm Welp, you got my vote. Outta these three the 900 is what I'd driveπŸ‘ If it's a flat top the little napper is always my choice. I'm a Kenworth fan over Peterbilt but I love me an old Mack!
Oh yeah, Big Mack, the original bulldog! I liked those too. We're getting into Kristofferson/McGraw territory there. And C.W McCall. Gritty, raw, as real as it gets.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Unfortunately this is what I'm left with today. :lol: Before they put the stickers on.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:30 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:18 pm Welp, you got my vote. Outta these three the 900 is what I'd driveπŸ‘ If it's a flat top the little napper is always my choice. I'm a Kenworth fan over Peterbilt but I love me an old Mack!
Oh yeah, Big Mack, the original bulldog! I liked those too. We're getting into Kristofferson/McGraw territory there. Gritty, raw, as real as it gets.
lol...
She's a cream puff
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:33 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:30 pm
Oh yeah, Big Mack, the original bulldog! I liked those too. We're getting into Kristofferson/McGraw territory there. Gritty, raw, as real as it gets.
lol...
She's a cream puff
Smile when yuh say that!

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:36 pm
Clutches? We don't need no steenking clutches! That's where it's at for these pros!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:45 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:36 pm
Clutches? We don't need no steenking clutches! That's where it's at for these pros!
Clutches are for start and reverse.
The Troll Whisperer