Hats

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

The Army issued me two black ones:

But I think it has been long enough for the raspberry reference to have dissipated:
This post by Dr Uhaha liked by (total 8):
Fr_TomBruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonMaynardWildcatRuffinogoldArmycw2Ronv69
Claypril™ Ambassador
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

Dr Uhaha wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:02 pm The Army issued me two black ones:

But I think it has been long enough for the raspberry reference to have dissipated:
My father had a couple of those black caps. Did you find that raspberry one in a second hand store?
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 6):
Dr UhahaMikeDennisonChef BennyFr_TomMaynardRonv69
.............🎳
Chef Benny

"Did you find that raspberry one in a second hand store?"

It would probably keep your head dry when you're standing in the purple rain... But on the other hand, it may not match your little red corvette. But one thing is for sure.. It would most definitely make the doves cry.
💜 :x
This post by Chef Benny liked by (total 6):
MikeDennisonFr_TomMaynardDr UhahaWildcatncrobb
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
pipelover

I wear hats. I want to, and no one can stop me ! I wear, Fedora, a Panama, a Real USA cowboy hat, and a Pakistani Topi (looks like a pork pie. Had it made in Peshawar years ago). If you have it ....... Flaunt it. Any pipe makes a hat look cool !
Tlaking of pipes, .... A pipe makes a man more trustworthy, and knowledgeable. You can point and indicate with a pipe. If some one asks a question, a long draw helps you thimk ! (I know it's think, but I thimk !)
This post by pipelover liked by (total 8):
MikeDennisonFr_TomMaynardDr UhahaBruyere_RoyaleCitizen BWildcatRonv69
Never give a sucker an even break ..... W.C. Fields
pipelover

Just in case you don't know what a Topi looks like, here's one.

ImageImage
This post by pipelover liked by (total 5):
MikeDennisonBruyere_RoyaleWildcatRuffinogoldRonv69
Citizen B
Member in Good Standing

pipelover wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:57 am Just in case you don't know what a Topi looks like, here's one.

ImageImage
I've owned two of these in my life. Lost them both, unfortunately. Aside from fedoras, these are my favorite hats. Hard to find nowadays. "The hat that beat the Russian bear" was how it was sold when I bought my first one in the 80s. Totally versatile for any occasion in the field or at a banquet. My first one was brown, like yours. My second one was black. I preferred the wool of the brown one.

That's a commendable hat.

I never pinned mine but what are the red and white pins on yours?
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonRonv69
---An angel with a dirty face.
Citizen B
Member in Good Standing

A Stetson Temple. It's not my favorite fedora shape, I prefer a higher crown, but nobody makes hats with high crowns anymore. Hipsters.

This hat will last about 5 years before I bang the thing all out of shape. It's made of rabbit felt, so it is as sturdy and soft as a good woman friend. Doing the math, it comes out to about $20 a year when you amortize the price over time. I find it's worth it based on the compliments I get.

I prefer a much higher crown and a much wider brim, like the Shadow.

I got this hat from the vault at Meyer the Hatter. It was made about 40 years ago. It was the only one they had in stock, in the vault, that met my specifications and----it was my size. As Gus said, this hat has been waiting all these years for me to show up. Good things come to those who wait.
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 6):
WildcatMikeDennisonBruyere_RoyaleLongshanksRuffinogoldRonv69
---An angel with a dirty face.
pipelover

The hat you see was made in Peshwar, in Northern Pakistan while i was travelling there for 2 months. I was measured and a last was found, to make it. It has a long piece rolled up, as you see at the bottom. For cold weather it rolls over the ears.
The pins are from the local September rushbearing cart ceremony (don't ask !) when we carry various Vicars from area to area, on top of what looks like a mini house.
The vicar (Male & females) sit astride like a horse some 20 -30 foot up! The cart goes from Pub/Inn to pub. The Morris dancers drink their own body weight in ale, then pull the cart onwards after dancing !
The badges are the Yorkshire Rose, Lancashire Rose, and the Sutton masque which is a male& female clog dancing team. Oh didn't I mention
the clogs ? Worn in the local wool spinning mills, until about late 30's 40's. My wife had a hand made pair. Wood base, leather top, with a silver buckle.
metal tips and heels on the base. She danced as well, and may I say getting kicked by a pair of those hurts !
We actually have a sport which is called shin kicking, wearing clogs. Some people say we're backward !!??
This post by pipelover liked by (total 5):
MikeDennisonWildcatBruyere_RoyaleCitizen BRonv69
MikeDennison
Codger in Training

pipelover wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:32 am The hat you see was made in Peshwar, in Northern Pakistan while i was travelling there for 2 months. I was measured and a last was found, to make it. It has a long piece rolled up, as you see at the bottom. For cold weather it rolls over the ears.
The pins are from the local September rushbearing cart ceremony (don't ask !) when we carry various Vicars from area to area, on top of what looks like a mini house.
The vicar (Male & females) sit astride like a horse some 20 -30 foot up! The cart goes from Pub/Inn to pub. The Morris dancers drink their own body weight in ale, then pull the cart onwards after dancing !
The badges are the Yorkshire Rose, Lancashire Rose, and the Sutton masque which is a male& female clog dancing team. Oh didn't I mention
the clogs ? Worn in the local wool spinning mills, until about late 30's 40's. My wife had a hand made pair. Wood base, leather top, with a silver buckle.
metal tips and heels on the base. She danced as well, and may I say getting kicked by a pair of those hurts !
We actually have a sport which is called shin kicking, wearing clogs. Some people say we're backward !!??
Fascinating!
This post by MikeDennison liked by:
Ronv69
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

pipelover wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:32 am The hat you see was made in Peshwar, in Northern Pakistan while i was travelling there for 2 months. I was measured and a last was found, to make it. It has a long piece rolled up, as you see at the bottom. For cold weather it rolls over the ears.
Vicars in the States have been spared this experience.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonBruyere_RoyaleRonv69
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017