Sun May 13, 2018 7:10 am

@Lara
This post by Wildcat liked by (total 2):
David Msisyphus
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sun May 13, 2018 3:22 pm

My Ma is awesome ! She really is . Its funny because I look exactly like my Pop , I mean " clone like " ... but , my brain and soul are from my mother . My brother , who takes a lot after my Ma physically , gets his brain and soul from my Pop . Its odd how it worked out , it really is .
anyway , this Mothersday I did somethung different ... I sent her an Amazon gift card to her email . I know that my sound impersonal but shes an artist and craft wizard and i know shes been buying supplies ... so , I figured she could load up on stuff she wants . We talked today and she flipped out over the Amazon card !!! I wish I could send her every dime I have because she deserves it . I should take some pictures of the stuff she makes because its neat stuff She made me a Bob Dylan " collage " thing for my 50th Bday a couple years ago .... when the man cave gets done [ maybe next weekend or the one after ... psyched ! ] its gonna be displayed in there :)

My Ma rocks
This post by Ruffinogold liked by:
Wildcat
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
sisyphus
Site Admin

Sun May 13, 2018 3:32 pm

My mother died last May 20. Last year on this day was the last time I saw her. I also won an unsmoked Loewe Centurion Woodstock Zulu on eBay while I was at the hospice, I had to bring my iPad with me so I didn't miss it. Gallows humor, but true.

My mom was more than the things about her we didn't like. I keep her urn in the dining room curio cabinet so I see it every time I walk into the kitchen. I know that sounds weird, but it forces me to remember the good parts of our relationship. I was the executor of her estate and this week we executed the will. It was the culmination of over a year of consolidating a lifetime into a bank account. I hope I never have to do anything so adult again in my life.

I am going to pay for my and my wife's post mortem expenses before I retire in four and a half years. My mom did so, and it made things that much easier for us after she passed. I want to do the same for my kids.
This post by sisyphus liked by:
Wildcat