Christmas gifts

pipelover
Broken Pipe

Hoozah ! Got a Dremmel drill. I have an old pipe & I want to decorate it like Sid Stavros did ! :thumbs:
A bit of practice on a bit of hard wood , like a pipe bowl.
Nice & steady, until I can control it.
I'm guessing it is random grooves used?
Then I'll have to dye it, and polish to finish.

What did you guys get, apart from drunk ... :roll: LOL
Never give a sucker an even break ..... W.C. Fields
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

we do the amazon list thing but i didnt put much on it this year . Got Dylans blood on the tracks cd cause i burned the last one out . Got some flat wound strings for the telecaster . Got some premix humidor fluid for the humidor thingies . I replaced a 30 year old SAK recruit with a new one using an amazon gift card . The old one had broken tips etc .. oh , i got a double edge razor blade sampler

Ill make a tobacco order for myself as a christmas present . I usually make an annual IRC order in December or a Wessex " power buy " if its in stock

I didnt have one drink yesterday . Ill have to correct that this evening
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

A new robe, slippers, and a pipe. I'm a comfortably happy man! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:43 pm A new robe, slippers, and a pipe. I'm a comfortably happy man! :D
I got basically the same minus the pipe.
The Troll Whisperer
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

A Peterson 106 Irish Army Mount from my daughter

A Savinelli III 806 Unfinished Canadian from my son

A Lighted Christmas sweater (like the one pictured below) from my Grandson
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I got to wake up next to my wife. She doesn't know how much I appreciate it, but marrying Mrs. B is the most bestest and the always-supercalifragialisticexpialodotious thing that has ever happened to me. It was a wonderful Christmas.

On Christmas Eve we went to worship services that she attends, on is in German and the other is Protestant. On Christmas Day, she accompanied me to Christmas Mass at 9:00AM Christmas Day. Then, we went home so that I could walk the dog. Then, we went to have Christmas lunch at a Chinese restaurant, the way Jewish people do, and we had a wonderful lunch, with leftovers to bring home. As I write this the leftovers have all been consumed. In the evening, we took a drive around town to look at the Christmas lights on Christmas Day, and then we walked the dog on the shore of the lake, where it was very windy and the water was making a lot of white splashing in the dark against the shore.

The day, itself was a gift. I don't always love where I live but I do love the life that I live and I very much love the wife with whom I live that life.

As most small businesspeople will tell you, 2020 hasn't been a great year.

My best Christmas gift this year was being with my wife. My second-best gift this year was having PSF to give me something to do every day. I've been out of work since the middle of March 2020, so the chance to read what you were sharing and having conversations during our local lockdown when I wasn't supposed to leave the house, was a lifeline, keeping me afloat and engaged while my business was dying.

Our business isn't any better, in case you are wondering, but we are treading water-----something that takes on extra meaning when you say it post-Katrina New Orleans.

It is always nice to log on to PSF to see what everyone has to say about whatever it is they want to talk about. Keep those bowls lit!

Merry Christmas to everyone here. Whether I know who you are or not, I know you didn't have a Christmas gift as nice as waking up to Mrs. B. If you're married, I know you got just as good. If you're single, you either woke up looking at your dog or your phone----that's okay, too. Happy Christmas!
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Didn't get anything pipe related but received a makita 18v inflator that I wanted for my tool arsenal and the 7 LP set of Tom Petty's wildflowers and the rest.

This year was much more about what I was able to give and my wife and two sisters received gifts that I made. Much more fulfilling for me than any gift I could have gotten
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ronv69
Founding Member

I got a barn with a shop.
God and Texas!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ray Mackessy wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:34 pm A Peterson 106 Irish Army Mount from my daughter

A Savinelli III 806 Unfinished Canadian from my son

A Lighted Christmas sweater (like the one pictured below) from my Grandson
I think yer kids love ya, man. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:54 pm I got to wake up next to my wife. She doesn't know how much I appreciate it, but marrying Mrs. B is the most bestest and the always-supercalifragialisticexpialodotious thing that has ever happened to me. It was a wonderful Christmas.
Yer post brought a tear to my eye, sir...and I mean it.