Dial phones are coming to town.

Citizen B
Member in Good Standing

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:50 pm Did everybody talk with their mouths mostly closed way back in the day?
A lot of people had horrible teeth so they hid them. They did speak and smile differently. When a person is missing teeth, or the ones they have have visible black abscesses, or, their teeth are stained dark brown from tobacco and strong coffee, or, they have bad breath from an infection in their gums or a rotten tooth, they get self-conscious and keep their mouths closed as much as possible.

Dental hygiene was a very different business the year the Dial came to town. There weren't any spin brushes. There wasn't fluoride in the water. Novacaine had just been invented!
This post by Citizen B liked by:
MikeDennison
You can tell by the way I use my walk that I'm a women's man with no time to talk.
MikeDennison
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:15 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:50 pm Did everybody talk with their mouths mostly closed way back in the day?
A lot of people had horrible teeth so they hid them. They did speak and smile differently. When a person is missing teeth, or the ones they have have visible black abscesses, or, their teeth are stained dark brown from tobacco and strong coffee, or, they have bad breath from an infection in their gums or a rotten tooth, they get self-conscious and keep their mouths closed as much as possible.

Dental hygiene was a very different business the year the Dial came to town. There weren't any spin brushes. There wasn't fluoride in the water. Novacaine had just been invented!
Well that makes sense.
This post by MikeDennison liked by:
Bruyere_Royale
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Wildcat

We had a rotary phone on the kitchen wall. In the eighties it wet the bed and we had to get a new one. This was still in the day when you rented your phone from Ma Bell. So the new phone is a push button model, as the rotary is a thing of the past. Mom thinks it doesn't work and won't use the phone to call anyone! Dad reads the booklet that came with the phone and discovers that there's a small lever on the phone, that when "flipped" causes the phone to act like a rotary. So from then on when you would push the buttons, you'd have to wait for the clicks of the rotary. Happy wife, happy life.
This post by Wildcat liked by:
Kevin Keith
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom