Whatcha Doin' 2021?

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Bolting down a vise:

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Dr Uhaha wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:45 pm Bolting down a vise:

Do you have video with sound? I need to do this myself but I've been putting it off for years, five or six years, to be exact, because I am dreading the project.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:56 pm Do you have video with sound? I need to do this myself but I've been putting it off for years, five or six years, to be exact, because I am dreading the project.
Here's a decent one:

Just make sure the rear jaw is even with, or forward of, the edge of your workbench.
Jlando19

Bye bye Austin. My lady and I bought a house in Wimberley, Texas! If you're familiar with the Central Texas area then you would understand why that's exciting to me. I've spent the better part of 17 years in Austin. Current population is about 950,897. Wimberley is just over 3000. My lady has been in between here and Chicago in the past 20 years or so. We're both from small towns and are excited to get back to one at this point in our lives. Granted I work in Austin still and probably will be for the foreseeable future. The hour commute doesn't bother me, the Texas Hill Country makes for a pretty nice motorcycle ride. Lol.

Anyway here's a picture of the place and my new porch!
ImageImage

Oh and this neighborhood is within walking distance of Jacob's Well. There is literally a trail from my neighborhood to this.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Jlando19 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:29 pm Bye bye Austin. My lady and I bought a house in Wimberley, Texas! If you're familiar with the Central Texas area then you would understand why that's exciting to me. I've spent the better part of 17 years in Austin. Current population is about 950,897. Wimberley is just over 3000. My lady has been in between here and Chicago in the past 20 years or so. We're both from small towns and are excited to get back to one at this point in our lives. Granted I work in Austin still and probably will be for the foreseeable future. The hour commute doesn't bother me, the Texas Hill Country makes for a pretty nice motorcycle ride. Lol.

Congratulations on the house! It looks great. We have family on Spicewood/Austin...it don't get no better than the Hill Country.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Jlando19

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:05 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:29 pm Bye bye Austin. My lady and I bought a house in Wimberley, Texas! If you're familiar with the Central Texas area then you would understand why that's exciting to me. I've spent the better part of 17 years in Austin. Current population is about 950,897. Wimberley is just over 3000. My lady has been in between here and Chicago in the past 20 years or so. We're both from small towns and are excited to get back to one at this point in our lives. Granted I work in Austin still and probably will be for the foreseeable future. The hour commute doesn't bother me, the Texas Hill Country makes for a pretty nice motorcycle ride. Lol.

Congratulations on the house! It looks great. We have family on Spicewood/Austin...it don't get no better than the Hill Country.
We are so fortunate! I couldn't sleep right for a day or two waiting on a response to our offer. I still can't believe it. It's both of our first time being homeowners!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

ImageImage

Oh and this neighborhood is within walking distance of Jacob's Well. There is literally a trail from my neighborhood to this.
This is great news, congratulations! The place looks awesome!
The Troll Whisperer
Jlando19

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:51 am

ImageImage

This is great news, congratulations! The place looks awesome!
Man thank you so much! It's almost overwhelming. Haha. I told my family, then my lady asked me if there was anyone else I needed to tell. I said, "The guys at PSF!" LOL. Maybe I'll tell my job too.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

ImageImage

When you said Wimberley is a town of 3000, I thought to myself, Man, "I would die there." Then I got to the pictures.

That's a nice house. I like the porch. Jacob's Well fascinates me. Maybe I could adapt and make a home there, but, I don't think I could take the commute, especially on a motor scooter, so, I think you are bettered adapted to thrive in Wimberley than I. You made the right decision.

Congratulations and best wishes for yours and Mrs. Lando's future.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

Finished reworking this cob rack today. I figured that I have enough of them and they get smoked often enough that they deserved a rack of their own in a spot of honor down in the cave. Scrap 1x4 pine boards and some peg board screwdriver holders. Next up I need to figure out a way to store the MacArthur 5star the thing is a beast and always gets tossed in a drawer which is a shame since it’s such a neat pipe.