Whatcha Doin' 2021?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:20 pm At first I thought Hayworth, but I'm thinking
It is actually based on a photo of Greta Garbo, but I like to paint in one color washes, so I changed the colors to something I used to work with. It was a choice between Indian red or burnt umber. I opted for Indian red because I knew I had to cover up what was already painted with something dark. My original sketch, such as it was, was based on a cerulean blue sky. When I found this canvas that I had to cover up, I went with a cobalt and ultramarine, midnight blue, sky.

I could natter on forever about this but I don't want to bore anyone here.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I am getting ready for Claypril.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:38 pm I am getting ready for Claypril.

Me too!
Is it wrong I have a thing for Martha Plimpton? I don't think so.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Painting Easter eggs with the kiddos. It never gets old.

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Mocking up stuffs & things & whatnots
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Getting the ground ready:

Riff89

Sweeping a winters worth of sand off the driveway fixing the fence and cleaning up more dog shit. Ain’t spring wonderful!? Good news is it’s warm enough to open the house up and get some clean air inside while I do the chores
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:44 pm I am using oil paint, which is what I am trained in. Over the pandemic, I tried using acrylic paints to cut down on costs and production time, but I found that I had lost my touch when it came to using acrylic paints. The actual drawing in paint and doing the technical part is surprisingly easy--for me with oil paint--all muscle memory.

Here is the full before:

Here is where we are right now:

I still need to finish her eye but I'm confident that will be a no-brainer. I spent most of my adolescent and adult life being a painter. It really is muscle memory. I feel good that I haven't lost all my skills. Believe me, it's something I need to hear after this past year of losing money due to the pandemic. Visit New Orleans folks! You know where to stay! LaBelleEsplanade.com.

I doubt I will finish this painting tonight. There is too much square footage to cover to finish it the way I want it. I'll be close to done by midnight, though. I'll post an update if I remember. Tomorrow afternoon everything will be done except the paint drying. Next week, It will be ready to hand on a wall near you.
We'll look for you on Jackson Square next month. 😉🤠
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:56 am
Citizen B wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:44 pm I am using oil paint, which is what I am trained in. Over the pandemic, I tried using acrylic paints to cut down on costs and production time, but I found that I had lost my touch when it came to using acrylic paints. The actual drawing in paint and doing the technical part is surprisingly easy--for me with oil paint--all muscle memory.

Here is the full before:

Here is where we are right now:

I still need to finish her eye but I'm confident that will be a no-brainer. I spent most of my adolescent and adult life being a painter. It really is muscle memory. I feel good that I haven't lost all my skills. Believe me, it's something I need to hear after this past year of losing money due to the pandemic. Visit New Orleans folks! You know where to stay! LaBelleEsplanade.com.

I doubt I will finish this painting tonight. There is too much square footage to cover to finish it the way I want it. I'll be close to done by midnight, though. I'll post an update if I remember. Tomorrow afternoon everything will be done except the paint drying. Next week, It will be ready to hand on a wall near you.
We'll look for you on Jackson Square next month. 😉🤠
Unlikely. I don't have the patience.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

Laundry at the moment. It’s finally warm enough to use the hybrid solar/wind powered clothes dryer and I’m excited about it. Nothing better than a fresh off the line tee shirt to start the day. My wife hates laundry and I don’t understand it it’s like the easiest chore ever I mean it’s not like we have to lug the clothes to the river and use a wash board although if we did I would probably find a way to make that enjoyable as well.