Hello, I must be going

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:06 pm
Preacher1611 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:37 am So I have a little bit of news on Wildcat. He no longer works for the same company as me, (got a better job). Last I heard he liked it and was doing well. Hopefully he comes back to the forum soon and can tell you all about it!
Did he get his CDL? I know we exchanged PM's at the old PSF of this subject.

If I've heard correctly he is doing some combination of warehouse type work and a bit of driving; so his CDL should be good. Hopefully he drops in soon and lets us know all!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Preacher1611 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:40 am
Preacher1611 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:37 am So I have a little bit of news on Wildcat. He no longer works for the same company as me, (got a better job). Last I heard he liked it and was doing well. Hopefully he comes back to the forum soon and can tell you all about it!

If I've heard correctly he is doing some combination of warehouse type work and a bit of driving; so his CDL should be good. Hopefully he drops in soon and lets us know all!
Yeah he was driving a box truck but was looking to move up to tractor trailer.
The Troll Whisperer
Bamarick

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:18 pm

I hate competing for space on the highways with the 18 Wheelers, but when I look at it, they're what makes our economy move! Without them where would Walmart be? God bless our Truckers and may God keep them safe.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bamarick wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:22 pm

I hate competing for space on the highways with the 18 Wheelers, but when I look at it, they're what makes our economy move! Without them where would Walmart be? God bless our Truckers and may God keep them safe.
Funny you mention that. I'm waiting to get into BJs Dist... right now.
The Troll Whisperer
Bamarick

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:31 pm

I hate competing for space on the highways with the 18 Wheelers, but when I look at it, they're what make our economy move! Without them where would Walmart be? God bless our Truckers and may God keep them safe.
Good luck with that!

After I was discharged from the AF jobs in this part of the world were few & far between. I was thinking of trying to get into trucking, but my wife stomped her foot and said no! She had seen her Trucker Uncle become an old man way before his time driving from one coast to the other and back without a wink of sleep using what he called "LA Turn Arounds". I blame his demise on his lifestyle outside of his being a trucker, but she didn't, so instead I finally got a job with the Phone Co that I stuck with and retired from after 31 years.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Bamarick wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:43 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:31 pm

I hate competing for space on the highways with the 18 Wheelers, but when I look at it, they're what make our economy move! Without them where would Walmart be? God bless our Truckers and may God keep them safe.
Good luck with that!

After I was discharged from the AF jobs in this part of the world were few & far between. I was thinking of trying to get into trucking, but my wife stomped her foot and said no! She had seen her Trucker Uncle become an old man way before his time driving from one coast to the other and back without a wink of sleep using what he called "LA Turn Arounds". I blame his demise on his lifestyle outside of his being a trucker, but she didn't, so instead I finally got a job with the Phone Co that I stuck with and retired from after 31 years.
Lol ..thank you. At this hour it's not that bad.
Trucking can and does age people rapidly. If your not set up for stress and long hours you don't have a chance. My days of living in my truck are long gone, I'm thankful I get to go home to my family every night.
The Troll Whisperer
Whalehead King

My son is a truck driver, driving the big rigs. He doesn't go cross country, but it's close enough. He spends weeks on the road. He likes it better than any other job he's had. He's young, yet. He's making good money and he's part of the backbone of the nation. I am very proud of him.
Bamarick

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:23 pm My son is a truck driver, driving the big rigs. He doesn't go cross country, but it's close enough. He spends weeks on the road. He likes it better than any other job he's had. He's young, yet. He's making good money and he's part of the backbone of the nation. I am very proud of him.
May God bless your son and keep him safe for what he does! Without our Truckers this nation would surely grind to a halt and it wouldn't take long at all!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
ncrobb
Founding Member

“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett