First World Problem Thread...?

rekamepip
Codger in Training

UPDATE:

Well the hit and run on my old 89 honda, after being shuffled around about a dozen insurance claim people and two adjusters, the person who hit me his insurance company is finally going to pay off.

i talked to the second adjuster and claiming all my receipts of parts i put into that old car he agreed that it was a collectible car

I will be getting 2200 bucks for that old rust bucket, leaky, fishing car ��

not bad considering i bought it from copart ( a salvage auction company ) 12 years ago for 450 bucks .....
copart is scheduled through the insurance company to pick it up tomorrow guessing that it may be up for auction next month -
:lol:

Needless to say i am happy :D
Middle Earth

Gkad it worked out so well for you.
I have done well with settling motor vehicle property damage claims with insurance companies. One example:
Had a mini-van just go up in flames on a rural highway.
Started a brush fire which was put under control in fairly short order
I could honestly say I did not know the exact milage.
I did say it was over 100k miles which was true and left it at that.
The settlement was more than fair.
What I would tell my clients was to find same car for sale and give the insurance company the highest three they could find as that was the market value.
That works.
avid

all of my Tim Hortons coupons are expired :(
insufferable filter guy
Whalehead King

I ran out of Canoe!

----and, I don't have any SWRA in my cellar to send out an equally potent pheromone scent of civilized virility tonight.
avid

i need some buttons sewed back on
insufferable filter guy
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

I seemed to have misplaced the Bluetooth headset that I use with my daily driver. Now I have to use the one that usually stays in my van.
ever forward
AndreRitter

I think my exercise bike is broken.
:uh:
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

AndreRitter wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:36 am I think my exercise bike is broken.
Good one. :lol:
Bamarick

I drove over 20 miles (round trip) to ride a stationary bike 2 miles.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Whalehead King

My bike doesn't have any wheels but I can't say it's stationary because it was stolen last night. My bike hasn't had its front wheel for about a year, when I locked it up in front of the rice store. My lock chain, which I salvaged from my uncle's scrap metal business, wasn't long enough to go between both wheels. After I had gotten my family's allotment of rice, when I got back to my bike, the front wheel was gone. I had only locked up the back wheel. Even thought I know the front wheel is the easiest to steal, I also know the bike chain is worth good money on the black market. My uncle runs a scrap metal business. My lock was a thick rope that I found on the beach that I had tied into a really complicated knot.

Anyhow, I walked my bike back on its back tire to our house with a sack of rice over my other shoulder. When I got there, the babies were crying, but, Papa had brought home a can of paint that he'd found at the dump.

A few months later, someone had stolen the back wheel off my bike, and the chain too, and the pedals. I know who it was, but I can't say anything. He did it so that his sister could have an appendectomy.

Then, a lot of horrible things happened while we were all hungry. A war ended. Another war began That one ended, too. So it goes.

So, somebody stole the frame of my bike last night and today was the day that I was supposed to give it to my uncle so that my daughter can get a Vitamin B shot to prevent rickets. Talk about some bum luck. And, ....................................

Never mind. I don't think I'm on the right thread. Forget everything you've read.