First World Problem Thread...?

avid

It smells like a skunk outside. (No it’s not the lat).
insufferable filter guy
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

One of the tubes on my preamp went south. I can't listen to records tonight.

And, I'll need to buy two to replace the one because you need a matched set for proper fidelity.
ever forward
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

arturo7 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:59 am One of the tubes on my preamp went south. I can't listen to records tonight.

And, I'll need to buy two to replace the one because you need a matched set for proper fidelity.
That's a drag. If I were you I'd snag an inexpensive solid state preamp for occasions like that
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Having to crank down the shades on the porch because I didn't but the motorized kind. And having to get out of my porch chair and go inside in order to get another cold club soda. Geez. It's enough to ruin one's relaxation.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:26 am
That's a drag. If I were you I'd snag an inexpensive solid state preamp for occasions like that
Ehhh, it's not that big of a deal. I built it 8 years ago and this is the first hiccup. Besides, the money spent on a backup could go toward better tubes. Or funneled into PAD or TAD.
ever forward
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

arturo7 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:20 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:26 am
Ehhh, it's not that big of a deal. I built it 8 years ago and this is the first hiccup. Besides, the money spent on a backup could go toward better tubes. Or funneled into PAD or TAD.
Valid point! And if they are going to start charging state taxes on internet purchases soon then some tobacco acquisition beforehand would be very smart
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
avid

Watched a brief vid on the phone and went through 6% of my data...
insufferable filter guy
LtPiper

Being told that I have to get trained for a job that everybody else wants but me. And to top it off I'd be getting a SERIOUS raise :shock: , - - - and yet I just don't care. How's that for a first world problem?
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
Whalehead King

LtPiper wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:16 pm Being told that I have to get trained for a job that everybody else wants but me. And to top it off I'd be getting a SERIOUS raise :shock: , - - - and yet I just don't care. How's that for a first world problem?
I know the feeling. One time I got a big raise AND no extra responsibility. I told my boss, "I hate this job. Why are you making it harder for me to decide to quit?" He just laughed, "Because we like the work you're doing." ---Great. :oops:
avid

It smells like a skunk again
insufferable filter guy