First World Problem Thread...?

User avatar
avid
Active Member
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Sun May 27, 2018 5:04 pm

Not sure if there is one here, but having to drink a rum & coke without lime is a horrible fate...
This post by avid liked by (total 3):
sisyphusMikeDennisonMaynard
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
User avatar
ncrobb
Founding Member
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Mon May 28, 2018 4:49 pm

Coming to the end of a bowl of a great tobacco.
This post by ncrobb liked by:
Maynard
“Spread your arms, hold your breath and always trust your cape.” - Guy Clark
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Mon May 28, 2018 5:52 pm

Id say not being able to tell folks about a new pipe site at a dying pipe site is a first world problem if ever there was .. lol
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 9):
Kevin KeithBilly JoeWhalehead KingncrobbPreacher1611MikeDennisonMaynardhoutenzielrekamepip
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 1548
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: San Benito

Mon May 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 5:52 pm
Id say not being able to tell folks about a new pipe site at a dying pipe site is a first world problem if ever there was .. lol
Isn't that the truth?
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonMaynard
Image
User avatar
9 Iron
Founding Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Mon May 28, 2018 6:04 pm

Have to go to work tomorrow and make more than enough money to feed my family after having four days off, and I'd rather not. If that ain't a first world problem, what is?

There must really be genetic borne traits ingrained in us from our ancestral past because I really feel guilty about feeling that way.
This post by 9 Iron liked by (total 3):
RuffinogoldMikeDennisonFr_Tom
User avatar
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am

Mon May 28, 2018 6:36 pm

All of my problems are first world problems and I am very, very grateful for that.

I take nothing for granted. Doing so would be the road to Perdition, which is a street in New Orleans, in Spanish: Perdido. New Orleans City Hall is at 1300 Perdido Street. The only more fitting address would be 1313. I have to go to City Hall tomorrow to take care of some paperwork. Fortunately, the office I have to visit isn't in Suite 666.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 6):
RuffinogoldFr_TomPreacher1611MikeDennisonwhitebriarhoutenziel
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Mon May 28, 2018 8:31 pm

9 Iron wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:04 pm
Have to go to work tomorrow and make more than enough money to feed my family after having four days off, and I'd rather not. If that ain't a first world problem, what is?

There must really be genetic borne traits ingrained in us from our ancestral past because I really feel guilty about feeling that way.
Its tuff going to work after a break , at least for me it is . Ill wake up that morning and the first thing that comes out of my mouth is ... hellfire
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 2):
ncrobbMikeDennison
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
User avatar
ncrobb
Founding Member
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Mon May 28, 2018 9:40 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:31 pm
9 Iron wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 6:04 pm
Have to go to work tomorrow and make more than enough money to feed my family after having four days off, and I'd rather not. If that ain't a first world problem, what is?

There must really be genetic borne traits ingrained in us from our ancestral past because I really feel guilty about feeling that way.
Its tuff going to work after a break , at least for me it is . Ill wake up that morning and the first thing that comes out of my mouth is ... hellfire
Heck I’m dreading it already.
This post by ncrobb liked by:
MikeDennison
“Spread your arms, hold your breath and always trust your cape.” - Guy Clark
User avatar
Preacher1611
Active Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 11:32 am
Location: Van Schaick Island, NY

Tue May 29, 2018 8:37 am

I was on vacation all last week and had to come back to work this week; (which I obviously dodn't want to do). I think that constitutes a first world problem.
This post by Preacher1611 liked by:
MikeDennison
User avatar
mrpipster
Solid Citizen
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:07 am

Tue May 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Being able to taste test whiskeys in a nice air conditioned home and afterword having a great meal followed up with a cigar and some E&J XO brandy.
I agree with WK. From the circumstances that I came from as a child and to be where my family and I are now. I take nothing for granted.
This post by mrpipster liked by (total 2):
ncrobbMikeDennison
Post Reply