PSF Comics Page

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Great site! Added to favorites!
Whalehead King

This is an exhaustive site. I went through it a few years ago but found I was wasting too much time reading about old comics (Wha-a-a-a-at!?!)

I see Dial B for Blog is up and running again. This guy does an excellent job dissecting various ideas about old comics. His origin of the Fantastic Four particularly sticks in my mind as well as his exposing Bob Kane as a hack who couldn't draw and including the original source material Kane swiped for the first issue of Detective Comics that Batman appeared in. I see he's covering Bob Kanigher stories at the moment. I'll check it out later. In the meantime, here's the link: http://dialbforblog.com. Lot's of thought provoking information there.
Whalehead King

Hey, look! George is smoking a cigar at around 6:00.

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

He looks like he knows what he's doing.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:30 pm He looks like he knows what he's doing.
That is probably the most important ingredient to success. Always look like you know what you're doing. That's why when someone told me I was crazy to stash my comic book collection behind the sheetrock when I remodeled my basement, I didn't pay any mind. Yeah, I'm crazy. I'm also crazy like someone else:

I have a whole cellar of tobacco tins hidden behind a wall that won't be discovered until long after I'm gone. It'll be like and Edgar Allen Poe story. The Tell Tale Tins. I hope my heirs read my notebooks written in code so that they know where to find my stash of comic books and tobacco tins hidden in the house. Ha-ha-ha-ha-HA-HA! :king:
Whalehead King

Wanna sell your Avengers #1?

Imagine how much your other comics are worth, the ones that don't have movies made about them. Issue # 32 of Blue Beetle. Man, my Legion of Super Heroes collection won't even pay a month's rent if I sold them.

Comic books aren't an investment. They're comics! Read 'em! Enjoy 'em, and, like your mother, throw them away because you're wasting your time on trash. Heresy, I know. Okay. Keep 'em, read 'em and enjoy them. They're literature.
Whalehead King

This is another potential rabbit' hole of a comics site, though not the kind we usually discuss here----much, much older.

http://lileks.com/institute/comicsins/c ... op/41.html

Pipe-related.
Whalehead King

Jost came home with a copy of Sad Sack Navy #2. Got it for the sweet price of a dollar. It'll probably take my 53 year old self 5 minutes to read this compared to my 8 year old self's countless rereading for days, weeks, months....
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

After a long hiatus from collecting I am now back at it again.
Its hard for me to stay focused sometimes but,I am really trying to finish up my Conan and Jonah Hex runs.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche