The Cartoon Thread

Whalehead King

I was trawling youtube today when I came across the following:

---and I thought, why not have a thread on PSF about cartoons? Now, I am not all about cartoons. I have seen my share, I suppose, and I recognize them as a legitimate art form. Every year, Mrs. King and I go to the theater to see the Oscar nominated cartoon shorts for the year.

I don't spend my life watching cartoons, but when I see one, the artistry intrigues me. I'm thinking about starting a video series of cartoons about New Orleans, which is a project irrelevant to this conversation but I offer it up to indicate that I admire what cartoons can convey.

When I was in elementary school and it was a rainy day, we didn't have outdoor recess. Instead, we settled into the school auditorium and watched Betty Boop cartoons. Imagine doing that today. Veterans' Park Elementary School looked forward to rainy days.

If you come across some interesting cartoon material, please post it here so we can talk about it. If it has something do do with pipe smoking, so much the better---point that part out. Even if it doesn't have something to do with pipe smoking, you just like it because you like it, post it here, too. Tell why you like it . Art and meaning are where you find it, whether in a classic Looney Toon, or in South Park, in a. Savinelli bowl or in a cob. Cartoons are a reflection of the world around us.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

When I was a kid , THE absolute coolest thing in the world was the 60's marvel cartoons .. Period .

Heres a link to many a 60's Marvel carton ..
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... oons+1960s

And seriously , the Spiderman polyphonic intro jam is incredible ! Just listen to the bass line ... hot stuff !
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

This is .... :awesome:

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ha haha ha!! ...

Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:17 pm When I was a kid , THE absolute coolest thing in the world was the 60's marvel cartoons .. Period .

Heres a link to many a 60's Marvel carton ..
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... oons+1960s

And seriously , the Spiderman polyphonic intro jam is incredible ! Just listen to the bass line ... hot stuff !
I don't know if ALL Marvel cartoons were the coolest in the world, but I do know that this one was---and it still is! Exclamation POINT! Love it.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:21 pm This is .... :awesome:

Anything Popeye is cool!
Billy Joe

When I was a kid, watched Popeye, Bugs Bunny, fractured fairy tales, Speed Racer, Clutch Cargo and Jonny Quest.
My day wasn't complete with a few 'toons.