Richmond Pipe....Expo??...."Relight??"

CoreyR
Founding Member

Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:58 pm

I have not seen any posts about this but I could have missed it since I have been gone on vacation. Still, I thought I would share, in case word has not gotten out.
As a past, and never really participating, member of the Conclave of Richmond Pipe Smokers, CORPS, I am still on their email list. I received an email, a few days ago, about wanting to restart the Richmond pipe show. Great!!!
Apparently it is going to be at a smaller venue, a Moose lodge, but Sutliff is going to be on board in a big way. Ok.
For those of you who don't know, CORPS used to host a long running and LARGE pipe and tobacco show here in Richmond, Virginia. They stopped because they could not find a venue which would allow smoking.
Sadly, I will not be able to attend since my wife and I have already scheduled time off that weekend, and made camping reservations, to attend the "Grayson Highlands Fall Festival," down in Southwest Virginia. I just thought I would pass it along for others to enjoy.
This post by CoreyR liked by (total 3):
Whalehead KingavidBilly Joe
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:19 pm

That's a beautifully composed advertisement.

Unfortunately, I won't be anywhere near Virginia any time in September. Ah, well, Extra Billy's BBQ will have to wait.

Thanks for sharing this. I can't remember the last time something this happened around here.
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 2):
avidCoreyR
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:51 am

FYI, Extra Billy's, on Broad Street, closed. They still have their location off of Midlothian though.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Thats really good news ! These days its unique to see something thats gone away come back . I'd love to go to a pipe show . I used to go to a bunch years ago
This post by Ruffinogold liked by:
CoreyR
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
CoreyR
Founding Member

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:46 pm

I went to the Raleigh show and, while It was really great seeing old friends and new acquaintances. I was somewhat disappointed. The show was rather small when compared to what the Richmond show used to be. Of course, "small" is still worth going too!
I really hope the "relight," of the Richmond show will be back to what it once was.
furious

Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:01 pm

FYI I was there yesterday and it was a solid show. Fairly well attended and many vendors sold a lot of pipes. Hope to return next year.
This post by furious liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithMikeDennisonFr_Tom