I’m Moving

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:32 am Travel safely, brother!
Thanks Dennis :)
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

HSigurdsson wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:57 pm Good luck and safe travels my man.
You are probably n ND by now, sooooooo, hope you HAD a safe trip.
Car issues on the road suck.
A few years ago my wife and I were driving from NY to Florida.
My wife had never been further South than Pennsylvania.
As we crossed the West Virginia border, out jumps a deer from behind the "Welcome to West Virginia" sign. :)
The car was dead and cost $3500 to repair.
Luckily my parents drove down to WV and brought us one of their cars to continue our trip.
Awesome Parents are exactly that, Awesome. I’m glad I have mine. Glad you guys made it out of that with your health! What a story! I bet you tried to save the deer too!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

montag wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:11 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 pm Movers got done around 1400. I did some cleaning in the house and threw away the trash. I made it through ATL with only 10 minutes of traffic (Godsend). And then 4 Maintenance lights came on in my 2022 CRV of course. I just spent $500 on annual maintenance and she was outfitted with the best. The worst part is that the Cruise Control no longer works now. Quick google says the problem is either a battery or the front camera. I have had the battery changed twice since we owned it. Everything is still under warrenty but this car has had so many issues for no reason. Now I may need to stop at a Dealer in Nashville. I hope the battery doesn’t die on me at a rest stop or gas station. Hopefully I wake up and none of them come back on. At least i’m in a nice hotel. Stopped at Bucee’s earlier. That was fun. Got shirts for the family.

1). I hope it the fix was easy and I wish I saw it earlier. My cruise control goes out sometimes when a bug splats on the front sensor. A wet wipe usual fixes it in seconds.

2) Buc-ee’s has been a game changer for road-trips. No more scary restrooms I once stopped at a gas station that had chickens in the restroom (here’s looking at you Arkansas).
Dude, Chickens in the bathroom. Holy crap. I lived in the South the last 4 years and never saw that :lol: But hell yeah, Buccees is awesome. Stopping at Truck Stops is the Key. Clean Restrooms and a lot of breathing room in the parking and for the dog. I got my family all Bucees Shirts.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:38 pm Made it Kansas City MO. My Hotel at Minot wont be ready until Wednesday so theres no rush to get there. And I still have extra travel days. I’m about 12.5 hours away. So i’ll probably get to the state and call it a night tomorrow. The lights are all still on in the car but its going fine. Probably hit the dealer Wednesday and hope its an easy fix. I did clean the sensor and checked the battery terminals. Everything should be under warrenty. But no cruise control sucks. Man, you old timers had it rough before cruise control! Had a good day driving today. Chatanooga to Kansas City. Now watching TV. Grabbed a 6 pack of some local beer. The Time Change is welcome. Now I wont be up as late watching TV shows and what not. I’ll walk the dog and may light up a pipe later.

Ha ! I have cruise control in my Chrysler and dont use it hardly ever . However , I get going through certain states , they just go on forever with not a lot going on and its a great thing to use during those type trips .I forget what state I was driving through , maybe Indiana , where I drove through corn fields on both sides of the road for 2 hours .... and then after a short break of " civilization .... it turned into soybean for a long while
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:02 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:38 pm Made it Kansas City MO. My Hotel at Minot wont be ready until Wednesday so theres no rush to get there. And I still have extra travel days. I’m about 12.5 hours away. So i’ll probably get to the state and call it a night tomorrow. The lights are all still on in the car but its going fine. Probably hit the dealer Wednesday and hope its an easy fix. I did clean the sensor and checked the battery terminals. Everything should be under warrenty. But no cruise control sucks. Man, you old timers had it rough before cruise control! Had a good day driving today. Chatanooga to Kansas City. Now watching TV. Grabbed a 6 pack of some local beer. The Time Change is welcome. Now I wont be up as late watching TV shows and what not. I’ll walk the dog and may light up a pipe later.

Ha ! I have cruise control in my Chrysler and dont use it hardly ever . However , I get going through certain states , they just go on forever with not a lot going on and its a great thing to use during those type trips .I forget what state I was driving through , maybe Indiana , where I drove through corn fields on both sides of the road for 2 hours .... and then after a short break of " civilization .... it turned into soybean for a long while
My 2007 Durango has basic Cruise Control. My Wife’s car has the Adaptive Cruise Control where you set a distance and it’ll maintain that distance to the car in front. When nothing is in front, it goes to the speed you set. Its like not driving at all with the Lane Keep Assist. Makes it very easy to eat lol. But yeah, none of that is working now so this drive is old school. I basically drove through all of Missouri and it was pretty flat the whole way through. I really like Tennessee. Mountains. Gorgeous. I know your familiar with it.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

In South Dakota. I’ll be making it to Minot by end of day today. 80mph Speed Limit and Tornado weather. Nothing but open fields and Windmills.

ImageImageImage
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I have family in SD, I’d say wave but they don’t really like me much! Lol
Stay safe out there!
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I have arrived at the Hotel in Minot. Really nice place. I’ll try and remember to take pics tomorrow. Wasn’t bad of a drive at all. If I had Cruise Control it really would of been a breeze! Happy to be here.
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Glad to see you made it there!
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

First day gotta get all the new insurances and school forms 🙄 gotta sign a lease today for the new place.