Movies With Pipe Smoking

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Just post your favorites as you think of them. Here's an obscure one. Former NFL player turned actor Woody Strode in The Kingdom of the Spiders (1977). Here in this scene Ol' Woody is codger scooping him some Carter Hall and giving it a good thumb at the end. I'm thinking that pipe and tin wasn't a prop!

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Didn't M smoke a pipe in the old Bond movies?
ever forward
CoreyR
Founding Member

The Lost Command (1966) with Anthony Quinn at Colonel Raspeguy. The Colonel carried one pipe with him, though the entire movie and was always lighting up. I have no idea what he was smoking in it but, near the end, when he was in a dustoff in Algeria, as I recall, and dropped the pipe You hear him hollering, "My pipe!!!" and I thought he was going to go out of the chopper after it!
Good movie.

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

There is the Blues Brothers with Donald "Duck" Dunn on bass puffing away.

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:22 pm Just post your favorites as you think of them. Here's an obscure one. Former NFL player turned actor Woody Strode in The Kingdom of the Spiders (1977). Here in this scene Ol' Woody is codger scooping him some Carter Hall and giving it a good thumb at the end. I'm thinking that pipe and tin wasn't a prop!

Good form on that codger scoop...

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:27 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:22 pm Just post your favorites as you think of them. Here's an obscure one. Former NFL player turned actor Woody Strode in The Kingdom of the Spiders (1977). Here in this scene Ol' Woody is codger scooping him some Carter Hall and giving it a good thumb at the end. I'm thinking that pipe and tin wasn't a prop!
Good form on that codger scoop...
Here's some more pics showing Woody's codger form, from grabbing the tin to jamming in the tobacco with his index finger, just prior to the "giving it a good thumb" pics. This ain't his first rodeo. Altovise Davis plays his wife.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

Altovise Davis had legs that could stop a clock.

Sammy Davis, Jr. died five days after their 20th wedding anniversary. She died in 2009, at the relatively young age of 65.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:42 pm [ This ain't his first rodeo.
My assessment too...

Old Ted Award - 2017
LtPiper

Just a few:
ImageImageImageImage
"It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge the fetters." - Edmund Burke
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Humphrey Bogart in "The Left Hand of God". This isn't a great pic, but his pseudo-priest character smokes a pipe.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-