The PSF Boasting Thread

Whalehead King

Pride is a sin of course. I am grateful for what I've been given in this life so far, not proud of what I've got. I'm not one to boast. That said, I thought it would be interesting to see how we could top each other in pipe-smoking boasts. You know, trash talk, one-up-manship, strutting. I'm sure we've got a few wrestler types here.

I'm not good at this or at any variation of locker room banter. When I go to my gym's locker room I go to the sauna to read a book and then I talk to the lawyers and business people and real estate developers who have lockers around mine about what's going on in the city. My locker is at the more chi-chi end of the room. I keep mum most of the time. :oops: To tell you the truth, the best part of my trip to the gym, besides a swim some intense calisthenics, is reading my book in the sauna.

I was at happy hour at my local bar today and it was full of contractors and, well, who cares what they all do for a living. Let me just say the testosterone was running high as they all one-upped and glad-handed each other.

What can you boast about your pipe smoking prowess? Tell us a tall tale (based on the facts of course). Keep it PG-13. Neither I nor anyone else wants to learn what you do with your pipe where the sun doesn't shine.

With these baseline background and ground rules to launch this new thread, I'll start. I'm not boasting about my prowess, I'm only WK. I'm jest tellin' it like it is:

I live like I smoke, with a ferocious desire for freedom and that no other pipe smoker can match. Even today's James Bond, Daniel Craig, can't match me for cool. He can only aspire to exude the attitude I do when I puff on my cob. I'll beat Craig, the same as I'd beat Bond, in any pipe smoking match.

Fast cars, fast planes, fast boats, fast rockets, fast women, fast in-and-out. My life is fast like a car chase. That's how I like my pipes. When I pack a bowl, I don't go for the slow race. I move quick to the golden ticket and claim my prize. The only time I get tongue bite is when I bite my tongue to keep from telling some other fellow he doesn't have what it takes. I don't like to belittle a little guy, though. From New Orleans with love. That's how I live.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

My Zippo lighter technique is amazing.

If Hollywood ever finds out, I'll be hired as a consultant: Zippo training for the stars!
ever forward
Tsal
Forum Decorum

My rope and plug preparation is unmatched by none other... my knife skills are as graceful as a hawk in flight and as precise as a neurosurgeon.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I can scorch a rim like Ray Charles with a welding torch
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Whalehead King

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:01 pm I can scorch a rim like Ray Charles with a welding torch
Now that's a boast. I can do that, too. Prolly not as good as you do, though!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I can cultivate rimcake like a pro.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:01 pm I can scorch a rim like Ray Charles with a welding torch
Lol...
The Troll Whisperer
avid

i can stoke a briar full of aro hot enough to put a blister on your finger

great thread
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:16 pm I can cultivate rimcake like a pro.
Just in case anyone wants to see some of my work in progress...

These are the Silver Duke and Belvedere pots I have smoked in the past day that just happened to be out. The Belvedere suffered a setback recently when I was smacking out ashes on the heel of my shoe, and I had a flake come off.

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I make the greatest pipe stands you have ever seen. None compare, if ever word got out about how amazing they are pipe smokers all over the world would be bashing down my door to get one.