Get any cool “Guy” stuff for Christmas?

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:16 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:31 pm While it's not traditionally "manly" stuff, I'm the cook 'round my house and I got some cool kitchen stuff. A magnetic bamboo knife holder, a mandoline set, and a nice Yaxell tsuchimon kiritsuke knife. The core steel is vg10 with micarta scales that fit my hand better than the straight handles typically found on Japanese knives.
Looooovely knife !!
I think it is too Ruff, thanks. I have their dragon series slicing / carving knife and it's an amazing blade to use. They have taken the top spot for me in the sleeper brand category for cutlery
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

ncrobb wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:41 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:00 pm
ncrobb wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:32 pm It’s been about four years in the making but this custom built by Alan Harton out of a bag of parts showed up just after Thanksgiving.

I really really like that No. 5! :thumbs:
Kudos to you for knowing the basis of the build. It’s .45 Colt and the intent was for it to look like it could have been built 100 years ago by Croft or Segley. The grips are Mammoth ivory, gold bead front sight, and the blue on the grip frame is plum. Built by a master to handle heavy Ruger .45 Colt loads. It’ll push 300 grains 1400 FPS if you want to go that route!!
With a name like Keith you gots to know your Sixguns! That's just great gun...and those max loads, wow. Lots of air going in with lots of blood going out equals a good load!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
CoreyR
Founding Member

Ok, that revolver shut the thread down. Nobody can match it!!!
ncrobb
Founding Member

No no, I’m not hijacking this thread.

I got two tins of Dunhill Dark Flake.

Resume regular programming.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
CoreyR
Founding Member

Too late. My puny 10" Kindle fire or my fancy remote dog camera just don't compare. Sigh.
Seriously man, Kudos, that is one nice piece or iron. I'm just jealous.
Whalehead King

A tie. Socks. Underwear. All the things I need to ring in the new year. I feel blessed.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:54 pm A tie. Socks. Underwear. All the things I need to ring in the new year. I feel blessed.
My father when asked never wanted anything but socks, handkerchiefs and pipe cleaners.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:52 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:54 pm A tie. Socks. Underwear. All the things I need to ring in the new year. I feel blessed.
My father when asked never wanted anything but socks, handkerchiefs and pipe cleaners.
A fine Gentleman named Dave once taught me that a true Gentleman is never without a handkerchief. Since then I've always had one in my pocket.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
CoreyR
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:18 pm A fine Gentleman named Dave once taught me that a true Gentleman is never without a handkerchief. Since then I've always had one in my pocket.
I'll add, a clean handkerchief. I always carry one after hearing that same advice as a young man.
Just a couple of weeks a go a co worker received word, at her desk, that her father had passed away. As you might imagine, there were many tears and much sobbing going on. I walked over to her and, quietly, handed her my handkerchief. Then knelt and prayed with her. She's a devout Christian as am I, though I do not claim to be a good Christian, by far. A pretty poor example, truth be told.
I left her the handkerchief to use as she made arrangements. When I stepped away from her desk I found my boss standing there and figured I was going to hear something about praying with her, I work for a state agency after all. All I heard was, "I didn't know men still carried handkerchiefs?"
My apologies, didn't mean to get off topic. Carry on!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:18 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:52 pm
A fine Gentleman named Dave once taught me that a true Gentleman is never without a handkerchief. Since then I've always had one in my pocket.
Handkerchief and pocket knife; essential accoutremant! (Should there be an "s" to make it plural?)
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-