Birth year vehicles

sisyphus
Person of Interest

1966 Sedan de Ville. Dad had this and sold it a few months before I got my driver's license, the bastard
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

sisyphus wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:10 am 1966 Sedan de Ville. Dad had this and sold it a few months before I got my driver's license, the bastard
We are the last generation to learn how to parallel park correctly with a boat, if you can maneuver a car that large you can drive anything. I learned how to drive in a 1974 Galaxie 500. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:22 am
sisyphus wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:10 am 1966 Sedan de Ville. Dad had this and sold it a few months before I got my driver's license, the bastard
We are the last generation to learn how to parallel park correctly with a boat, if you can maneuver a car that large you can drive anything. I learned how to drive in a 1974 Galaxie 500. Lol
Lol , it's so true . I started off on a 70 Ford prospectors pick up and a 71 Buick sta tion wagon

Then a 72 Buick skylark , I think, which was a boat as well. I think the first mid size or near mid size was the Ford maverick .... H column shift , 4 speed I think
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:31 am Gonna have to run with the 71 AMC Javelin on this one.
I'll +1 this birth year. :king:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:51 am
Lol , it's so true . I started off on a 70 Ford prospectors pick up and a 71 Buick sta tion wagon

Then a 72 Buick skylark , I think, which was a boat as well. I think the first mid size or near mid size was the Ford maverick .... H column shift , 4 speed I think
Awesome! I bought a 70 Buick Estate Wagon after high school and my mom had a 68 or 70 Buick Electra. They were both heavy metal boats. The odometer in my 70 wagon had already turned over and had another 60-some thousand miles on it by the time I bought it for $200. Loved the electric back window in it. It was still running like a beast when the odometer hit 137,000 and I left it to a friend when I joined the Army in '89.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Longshanks wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:08 am

Awesome! I bought a 70 Buick Estate Wagon after high school and my mom had a 68 or 70 Buick Electra. They were both heavy metal boats. The odometer in my 70 wagon had already turned over and had another 60-some thousand miles on it by the time I bought it for $200. Loved the electric back window in it. It was still running like a beast when the odometer hit 137,000 and I left it to a friend when I joined the Army in '89.
Omg , that reminds me . I gave a 5 speed vw dasher wagon , Manual everything to a friend when I wentbin the navy . It went from 0 to 60 in about 3 minutes . But once it got there it was good , lol

Tsal
Forum Decorum

That's a sweet wagon! My aunt had a Ford Maverick that she drove all the up to NJ from Florida in the dead of summer with no AC. She gave it to my brother and flew back after her stay. She said she'll never drive that far again, this was 78 if I remember, that trek must have been murder... lol
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:47 am

That's a sweet wagon! My aunt had a Ford Maverick that she drove all the up to NJ from Florida in the dead of summer with no AC. She gave it to my brother and flew back after her stay. She said she'll never drive that far again, this was 78 if I remember, that trek must have been murder... lol
Oh , you know it !!! Ive driven that exactvroute a few times down 95 . No a.c.... no way
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Lets face it.. the 80's really didn't bring much good to the world. Weird clothes, weirder music, and similar atrocities of the automobile variety. So, I will just post my first car, which consequently was also my birth year.

1983 VW Scirocco
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt