Sometimes You Gotta Say it

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

l can relate , Mike . the old psf was dear to me and i spent more time then I should have there . I hated the way it ended , i do . I'm not here as much as id like to be and i think this site is much better than the old psf for a number of reasons .after reading your post , I'm reminded why I enjoy coming here to begin with ... You people are really excellent and there's no foo foo or bullshit . I especially like that I can type the word bullshit if I feel it necessary :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:27 pm ... You people are really excellent and there's no foo foo or bullshit . I especially like that I can type the word bullshit if I feel it necessary :)
Whaddya mean by "You People"?!! That's bullshit man, I'm offended. :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
slowroll
Founding Member

Good post. Good points. I agree wholeheartedly. Some people from the old forum I don't miss. Might be why this is such a good place. Cheers all.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Aw shucks Mike, you're a swell fella. This forum and the crowd that frequents it really does have a great vibe and I'm glad to call it home.

Ruff, I'm glad to know we can swear here when necessary but I'll still do my best not to... But fair warning for everyone: if you ever meet me in person I'm easily one of the most foul mouthed humans on the planet
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

This place is great, no feeling of cliques or sense of judgement. We celebrate Grabow and SPRT along with any other combination that anyone might enjoy. Plus as mentioned, we're not censored! I still heavily filter myself when typing though, you're all welcome.
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:21 pm ... But fair warning for everyone: if you ever meet me in person I'm easily one of the most foul mouthed humans on the planet
If we're ever in the vincinity of eachother we should definitely meet up to converse at a quiet cafe. Without fail it is quickly noted how casually profane I am, and kind of loud too, most of what I say is often crpytic and riddled with expletives, good thing there's a keyboard between my brain and the internet.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:27 pm This place is great, no feeling of cliques or sense of judgement. We celebrate Grabow and SPRT along with any other combination that anyone might enjoy. Plus as mentioned, we're not censored! I still heavily filter myself when typing though, you're all welcome.
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:21 pm ... But fair warning for everyone: if you ever meet me in person I'm easily one of the most foul mouthed humans on the planet
If we're ever in the vincinity of eachother we should definitely meet up to converse at a quiet cafe. Without fail it is quickly noted how casually profane I am, and kind of loud too, most of what I say is often crpytic and riddled with expletives, good thing there's a keyboard between my brain and the internet.
That would be a hoot! My group of friends and I have been labeled "the innappropriates" and we earn the name every time we get together
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I will say I like the "feel" of this forum. It is relaxed and easy going. There are a few things that will get you a warning, but I think they are sensible enough. We have a good time.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm I will say I like the "feel" of this forum. It is relaxed and easy going. There are a few things that will get you a warning, but I think they are sensible enough. We have a good time.
Tom, have you been warned before?
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:02 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm I will say I like the "feel" of this forum. It is relaxed and easy going. There are a few things that will get you a warning, but I think they are sensible enough. We have a good time.
Tom, have you been warned before?
Not yet... One of these days I will step over the line perhaps. I am typically a guy who is good at following community standards.

I have issued warnings as a moderator, but they were earned.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Billy Joe

That was much better said than I could have, Mike.
Great post.