What Are You Listening To? 2019

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I have very eclectic taste in music. One day I will be listening to Zepplin, next day I will be listening to some Appalachian folk, then it could be Alice in Chains.

Today it's the lovely work of Paola Requena. I love me some Classical Guitar, and I find it mind boggling that she can remember this entire piece without sheet music.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Whalehead King

I'm not in Michigan Central Station but I am listening to a Dominican Sisters of Mary CD here in sunny and balmy New Orleans. I don't expect anyone who listens to this to jump up and dance. That's not what this music is intended for. Listen and let these beautiful sisters' beautiful voices sink into you. It's enough to make you weep, and not because you are sad.

Amen.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Tempting post in here but it would fill up with nonsense pretty quick.
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:55 am I have very eclectic taste in music. One day I will be listening to Zepplin, next day I will be listening to some Appalachian folk, then it could be Alice in Chains.

Today it's the lovely work of Paola Requena. I love me some Classical Guitar, and I find it mind boggling that she can remember this entire piece without sheet music.
Same here! The first album I can remember listening to on my own was The Beatles Abbey Road and have a large classic rock collection (mostly 60's and 70's) but I love classic country, bluegrass, instrumental (Chet Atkins, Henry Mancini,.. etc.) and recently I've been listening a lot to this Classical set that I bought a few years back. This goes really well with a pipe and an adult beverage. :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Whalehead King

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:12 pm Tempting post in here but it would fill up with nonsense pretty quick.
Well, the unofficial theme song of PSF is "It's Raining Tacos." Bring it on Monkfish! I only ask that you don't post 10 hours of the same song...

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Whalehead King wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:51 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:12 pm Tempting post in here but it would fill up with nonsense pretty quick.
Well, the unofficial theme song of PSF is "It's Raining Tacos." Bring it on Monkfish! I only ask that you don't post 10 hours of the same song...

Bring it on? You asked, and don't worry, I can play my entire catalog 24/7 for about a year with no repeats and I continually add new albums. I don't listen to songs, I play albums and skip any dud tracks. This is my real affliction, music.

Right now it's Let It Wander by Circles Around The Sun, stumbled upon it, looked interesting and I'm listening for the first time now. Good so far, not exhilarating or sublime but as background music it fits. Nothing to focus on and it meanders enough to keep a loose feel but has some grooves mixed in.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Onto Kikagaku Moyo - House in the Tall Grass
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey - Race Riot Suite
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Onyx Collective - Lower East Suite Part Three
Bigflo

Beethoven moonlight sonata third movement it just gets me there