March Meer Madness™ 2019

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:02 pm
rekamepip wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:48 pm March is almost done and i have totally neglected to smoke my meers as i should have
therefore if there are any penalties to be received ............
go ahead start dolling them out

I will try harder next time :facepalm:
Forty lashes with a used pipe cleaner!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Here are some before and after picture for March. I did not have the sense to take proper before pictures, so these are not the best. The after pics were taken today. I might wax them before giving them a rest when March is done.

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:36 pm Here are some before and after picture for March. I did not have the sense to take proper before pictures, so these are not the best. The after pics were taken today. I might wax them before giving them a rest when March is done.

Those look great!
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:36 pm Here are some before and after picture for March. I did not have the sense to take proper before pictures, so these are not the best. The after pics were taken today. I might wax them before giving them a rest when March is done.

Pretty impressive. I can't see the stem logo on that Altinok without thinking of Rainier Beer.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Wooda
Founding Member

No name by perretti. In the lattice. Earlier today
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Peacock

Those gained some beautiful patina. Thanks for sharing! I love the unique simplicity of both these pipes
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Had a chance to melt some wax and give the meers that saw the most work in March a quick wipe down. My phone camera is still a jerk about getting true colors on these, but here goes anyway.

The one that took on the most color was the tinymeer

The Petemeerson took on quite a bit more depth especially on the bottom and transition area

The big paneled meer is definitely the tortoise in the race. Understandable because it's rusticated and has very thick walls. But it's definitely showing color slowly, has a lot of rose type tones in person
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin