Oldies

Flyfish Falls

For those of you old enough to remember.... A real Oldie and a Goodie!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Whalehead King

Flyfish Falls wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:12 pm For those of you old enough to remember.... A real Oldie and a Goodie!

You can waste a lot of time watching old episodes of What's My Line on YouTube. I know I have. A tip of my fedora to you for sucking more people down this rabbit hole.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I dig the older stuff. .. music , shows etc ... it sucks I'm getting older , so denial is working good for me in the mean time . Here's a show I liked

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:24 pm I dig the older stuff. .. music , shows etc ... it sucks I'm getting older , so denial is working good for me in the mean time . Here's a show I liked

You're speaking my language now man. I love the old Westerns. The Lone Ranger, The Roy Rogers Show, The Rifleman, Wanted Dead or Alive...I can't get enough of them, even if they are corny.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:24 pm I dig the older stuff. .. music , shows etc ... it sucks I'm getting older , so denial is working good for me in the mean time . Here's a show I liked

They still play that show on one of the off-air channels I get. I love the the intro where he looks piercingly into the camera while he reloads :) Makes a fella think twice before changing the channel on a man who's clearly armed.

I love those types of shows too.. The Rifleman, Laramie, Wagon Train, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, all those old westerns are great.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:27 pm

They still play that show on one of the off-air channels I get. I love the the intro where he looks piercingly into the camera while he reloads :) Makes a fella think twice before changing the channel on a man who's clearly armed.

I love those types of shows too.. The Rifleman, Laramie, Wagon Train, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, all those old westerns are great.
Have to agree with all of you fellas. It's nice to turn on some old fashioned shows and disconnect from the modern hustle and bustle
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:27 pm

I'll +1 Wagon Train, Gunsmoke and Bonanza. Used to watch them a lot with my Great Uncle Bill after I'd mow his yard. Loved those shows growing up. :thumbs:
And I remember I always watched the Lone Ranger on Saturdays because it was the only good thing that came on after the cartoons dried up (back in those three channel days).
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

Beverly Hillbillies was the funiest show ever.

Bar none.
ever forward
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

arturo7 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:40 am Beverly Hillbillies was the funiest show ever.

Bar none.
Debatable, but ok. :P
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
racinghoss

My dad is like a living Gunsmoke encyclopedia. He loves that show. I grew up watching it, and I love it too. In fact, I am named after Matt Dillon, and when I was born we had a cat named Festus!