Knives

Wickerman

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:03 pm
Wooda wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:39 pm I keep a Kershaw with assisted opening clipped to my pocket. Can't remember the model name.
Any Kershaw is damn good ! I have an Osol Sweet that I like
I still like mine :D
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wickerman wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:53 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:03 pm
Wooda wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:39 pm I keep a Kershaw with assisted opening clipped to my pocket. Can't remember the model name.
Any Kershaw is damn good ! I have an Osol Sweet that I like
I still like mine :D
I had the same model and have since destroyed it . Granted , I put it through more hell and things that it had no business doing . Many a knife would have been destroyed much sooner . Its a freakin tank
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Ruffinogold, even though I currently carry a plastic handled Scharade lock back I have and do on occasion carry one I made. These are from the “let’s just see if I can” pile. I carried the friction folder a good bit. The G10 handled tanto lock blade is nasty but a salt water fishing trip let rust set in (never let a dummy borrow your pocket knife and if you do always check it out when he hands it back). The wooden handled slip joint I still carry. The little Scagel style is the nicest of the bunch but I picked up a nickel rod instead of a stainless steel rod when I set the bolsters and pivot and it’s aggravated me since I realized it.

ImageImage
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Wickerman

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:02 pm I am a carbon steel fan , big time . I also have a carbon opinel #8 .... I can get it scary sharp . It stays in my " cellar " and I use it to cut plug etc .
The locking ring is very cool , theyre a great knife
I've a few but always found them hard to open with cold wet hands (mine anyway) So do a mod. to them all
ncrobb
Founding Member

Great idea.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wickerman wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:42 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:02 pm I am a carbon steel fan , big time . I also have a carbon opinel #8 .... I can get it scary sharp . It stays in my " cellar " and I use it to cut plug etc .
I've a few but always found them hard to open with cold wet hands (mine anyway) So do a mod. to them all
That is super cool ! I may do that to mine and while I'm at it , maybe I'll stain it a different color
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wickerman

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:22 am
Wickerman wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:42 am
That is super cool ! I may do that to mine and while I'm at it , maybe I'll stain it a different color
Wickerman

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:22 am That is super cool ! I may do that to mine and while I'm at it , maybe I'll stain it a different color
I'd have thought you'd do new woodwork in burr walnut or some exotic spalted wood :o
Wooda
Founding Member

This has been clipped in my pocket since the week after my wedding.

Sometime during the bachelor party, we lost the box with the groomsman gifts. Crazy night. Lots of Mead.

All the other knives made it to their owners within the week. I started keeping Colin's with me for when we bumped into each other, since he was local.

After seeing him at least once a month for a year, I got the hint that he wasn't going to take the knife home. At that point, I was kind of attached to "Colin's" knife and kept on wearing it.

It has shaved thousands of feet of basket splint, carved all sorts of camp doohickeys, fish stringers, and knick knacks, cut rope and opened countless boxes. Gutted fish, butchered pig, and carried pounds of food from my plate to my mouth on camping trips.

The protective finish is really impressive.
I like it.
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.