Pipe smoking AmatEur Radio!

CoreyR
Founding Member

I'm sitting in the campground, by the campfire, taking to three states in my H T. :D
CoreyR
Founding Member

Just FYI. I went to the RARSfest, in Raleigh, NC, on saturday. It was great. I took a badly needed block of instruction on soldering and dropped a bit of scratch on radios, soldering gear and co-ax.
I think I have mentioned that I have been planning on taking my "general class" test next month, on the 11th? I saw that they had "walk-in" testing at the convention so I "walked in." Figured what the heck? Pass or fail, at least I tried. Took the the general class :king: So I went ahead and took the extra while I was at it :facepalm: I reckon only looking over that material for ten minutes or so just didn't cut it!
Well, I pulled one off anyway.
Signed, KM4COF/AG!
CoreyR
Founding Member

Well folks, tomorrow My wife and I are going for some testing. She is taking her tech, kicking and screaming as I drag her into the room, and I am taking extra.
Actually, we discussed this some time ago and she agreed that it would be a good idea for her to have the tech license so she could use the HTs and mobiles, in our vehicles. She does HATE all things electronic and math though. That's ok. I really do too. Especially math, just ask my accountant!!
I had, originally, planned to take my general test tomorrow but did it as a walk in, at the Raleigh show, a couple of weeks ago so I decided to CRAM and try for extra at this testing with my wife. I figure I have about....hmmm....a snowballs chance in hell of passing but I'll give it a go. I have yet to pass even one practice test. Of course, I have only taken practice tests with the aim of going through them to mine answers for material I hadn't gotten to yet in the online study guide so I am not sure that is a good guide...
we'll see.
If only I could light up a bowl of Engine 99 while I take the test...sigh.
dademoss

Corey,

Good luck to you and the wife!

Dave
KD8UTA
CoreyR
Founding Member

Just FYI, we both failed. I shall try again in the fall, when I originally intended to take the extra test. I highly doubt that I shall be able to get the wife to test again though.
Middle Earth

Something I always wanted to do
I have no doubt you will pass next time
whitebriar

K5PSH since 1958--general in '58--still a general--ARRL and FCC ticked me off by doing the incentive thing while i was off in Asia, so i just decided i wouldn't play the game <<grin>>--doesn't matter--i just ragchew on CW and don't contest or DX--
as the situation is now, i am an inmate in this old folks home, so i just listen today--nvr transmit--
whitebriar

K5PSH since 1958--general in '58--still a general--ARRL and FCC ticked me off by doing the incentive thing while i was off in Asia, so i just decided i wouldn't play the game <<grin>>--doesn't matter--i just ragchew on CW and don't contest or DX--
as the situation is now, i am an inmate in this old folks home, so i just listen today--nvr transmit--
whitebriar

just checkin--haven't been able to pose--
i am K5PSH
whitebriar

sorry for above posting dupes etc--it's telling me i'm not making it, but evidently it's been lying to me--my apologies-

moderators may remove the dupes and this post if it pleases you--it'd please me--