Raleigh Pipe and Tobacco show

Davidnh

Anyone else going to the Pipe & Tobacco show in Raleigh this Saturday?.I'll be there.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Hell , I have to run out to Huston Texas on Monday for as few days .. my wife would flip on me if I split this weekend
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:30 pm Hell , I have to run out to Huston Texas on Monday for as few days .. my wife would flip on me if I split this weekend
Take her with you Ruff. She still smokes right?
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Davidnh wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:23 pm Anyone else going to the Pipe & Tobacco show in Raleigh this Saturday?.I'll be there.
As much as I would like to go to a pipe show someday, I work weekends. One of these days, I will take a week off and go to one.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:33 am
Davidnh wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:23 pm Anyone else going to the Pipe & Tobacco show in Raleigh this Saturday?.I'll be there.
As much as I would like to go to a pipe show someday, I work weekends. One of these days, I will take a week off and go to one.
That's a good job, working one day a week and one evening mid-week! Image
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:30 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:33 am
That's a good job, working one day a week and one evening mid-week! Image
Get thee behind me...

It is true that people in church have this understanding of what clergy do. It mostly involves the time they are engaged with something and see you.

In one of those classic things, I had done services at 6 AM and 10 AM one day. I had just gotten back from a visit to the hospital and then pastoral call to a shutin. I had to come back to pick up Sacrament for another, because the family was there at the hospital and so I did not have enough hosts in the pyx for another visit. It was maybe 2 PM. Someone was there doing something for altar guild. I logged the visits in the sacristy and got ready to head out again. The altar guild gal said, "Oh my gosh, I wish I had your work schedule. You only just got here, and now you are leaving again!"

I can't remember exactly what I said, but it was something along the lines of "Oh yeah, I am a morning person. The days that start early and end early suit me. You should come to the 6 AM service sometime. After I take Communion to [whoever it was], I am going to head home. Make sure things get locked when you leave."
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
CoreyR
Founding Member

I will be right up the road, camping at Buggs Island. I was tempted to go but there is a Hamfest, at the same fairgrounds, in two weeks. This was a difficult decision to make but I need radio equipment more than I need tobacco.... :shock:
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

CoreyR wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:34 am I will be right up the road, camping at Buggs Island. I was tempted to go but there is a Hamfest, at the same fairgrounds, in two weeks. This was a difficult decision to make but I need radio equipment more than I need tobacco.... :shock:
The first thing I thought of was that a hamfest was some sort of awesome cooking competition with pork products. Carry on :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

CoreyR wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:34 am I will be right up the road, camping at Buggs Island. I was tempted to go but there is a Hamfest, at the same fairgrounds, in two weeks. This was a difficult decision to make but I need radio equipment more than I need tobacco.... :shock:
Hey!!! Doesn't this post constitute a ban-able offense??? 8-)
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Davidnh

@Corey in also a ham,Kb1pyb. I also plan on going to the hamfest as well, David