George Dickel 12 year

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Puff nstuff

This is one of my all-time favorites. It's delicious straight as a shot, or on ice. It is a Tennessee sour mash whisky, but it's quite different from Jack Daniel's in the flavor profile. I've turned a lot of people into Dickel fans.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

If you like the Dickel 12, you should give Belle Meade a go. I've loved everything they make, especially the XO which is their bourbon matured in cognac casks.
Dickel Rye is pretty fantastic too. And since you mentioned Jack and I mentioned Rye.. Jack Daniels Rye tastes just like banana bread.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Hawkwood

Last time I was in Tennessee [2018] I went to Jack Daniels and to Dickel. I found the Dickel distillery to be more to my liking, less fanfare. I actually like Dickel No8 more than the No12. I really like their Rye.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Houtenziel wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:32 am If you like the Dickel 12, you should give Belle Meade a go. I've loved everything they make, especially the XO which is their bourbon matured in cognac casks.
Dickel Rye is pretty fantastic too. And since you mentioned Jack and I mentioned Rye.. Jack Daniels Rye tastes just like banana bread.
No shit . Is that good ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Well, it’s been that kind of year. My son had two heart surgeries, my daughter volunteered to be deployed in Iraq for 6 months (she made it home ok), a deer plowed into my truck a few weeks ago and now my son is stuck in Ft Worth with Covid. My wife flew out this morning to drive him back to NC. I found a full fifth of Makers Mark and a half of fifth of George Dickel No 12 in the cabinet above the fridge. I think today is as good a day as any to test my ability to drink responsibly, something I could not do in the past.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Riff89

ncrobb wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:27 pm Well, it’s been that kind of year. My son had two heart surgeries, my daughter volunteered to be deployed in Iraq for 6 months (she made it home ok), a deer plowed into my truck a few weeks ago and now my son is stuck in Ft Worth with Covid. My wife flew out this morning to drive him back to NC. I found a full fifth of Makers Mark and a half of fifth of George Dickel No 12 in the cabinet above the fridge. I think today is as good a day as any to test my ability to drink responsibly, something I could not do in the past.
I hope things turn around for you! I’m not a responsible drinker myself… I was damn good at drinking but not too good at stopping. not sure I would be able to test those waters myself but I hope you are able to enjoy responsibly!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ncrobb wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:27 pm Well, it’s been that kind of year. My son had two heart surgeries, my daughter volunteered to be deployed in Iraq for 6 months (she made it home ok), a deer plowed into my truck a few weeks ago and now my son is stuck in Ft Worth with Covid. My wife flew out this morning to drive him back to NC. I found a full fifth of Makers Mark and a half of fifth of George Dickel No 12 in the cabinet above the fridge. I think today is as good a day as any to test my ability to drink responsibly, something I could not do in the past.
You can do it . Catch up to me ... Im two shots in
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Do you have your shotglass or the tumbler? Lol
ncrobb
Founding Member

Wildcrow wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:27 pm
Do you have your shotglass or the tumbler? Lol
One tumbler. Everything in moderation.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett