Henry McKenna Straight Bourbon Whiskey . First impression

Whistlebritches

MarineDad wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 3:48 pm Image
Going to crack this open later tonight!
If you're going to drink Henry McKenna...........that's the one right there.Love the stuff when I can find it.I like everything from Heaven Hill......some just better than others.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whistlebritches wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:03 pm
If you're going to drink Henry McKenna...........that's the one right there.Love the stuff when I can find it.I like everything from Heaven Hill......some just better than others.
Im so looking forard to trying that one . The bottom shelf " Table Whiskey " they make , I'm enjoying very much ... I bet that stuff is great . I hope to get to Murphy this weekend , as they have it in stock
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whistlebritches

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:44 pm
Im so looking forard to trying that one . The bottom shelf " Table Whiskey " they make , I'm enjoying very much ... I bet that stuff is great . I hope to get to Murphy this weekend , as they have it in stock
That and an Old Forester Signature 100 proof.........you'll be glad ya did.If there's no OGD 114..........
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whistlebritches wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:35 pm

That and an Old Forester Signature 100 proof.........you'll be glad ya did.If there's no OGD 114..........
Im going to Elijay for dinner tonight .. I hop they got teh 114 or the 10 year ... will report back :)
Whistlebritches

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:31 pm
Whistlebritches wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:35 pm

Im going to Elijay for dinner tonight .. I hop they got teh 114 or the 10 year ... will report back :)
Umm you were going to report back,WE'RE WAITING.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

So heres what happened . I made teh Canadian whiskey thread because there was no 114 , which was a damn heart breaker .. and there was no McKenna 19 year . The 10 year is in murphy NC , which was 38 miles from where I was looking for the 114 .....

I was supposd to have a rehearsal Tuesday night but it got cancelled .. Drummer couldnt make it .. so , I didnt get out to Murphy either , but I will before the weekend is out

Oh , I bought Black Velvet reserve the other night . I was so pissed thay didnt have what I was looking for , I just grabbed it because I havent had it in 4 or more years .. I'm saving it for Summer time
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ive been out of the mckenna for a bit . Let me tell ya ... It , ew black and OGD114 .......... I'm good to go .
Rusticated

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 pm Ive been out of the mckenna for a bit . Let me tell ya ... It , ew black and OGD114 .......... I'm good to go .
If you haven't tried it, another one I like from Heaven Hill is Larceny, a wheated bourbon. It's a great sip neat.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Rusticated wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:52 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 pm Ive been out of the mckenna for a bit . Let me tell ya ... It , ew black and OGD114 .......... I'm good to go .
If you haven't tried it, another one I like from Heaven Hill is Larceny, a wheated bourbon. It's a great sip neat.
I haven't had it . I saw it the other day looking for more ogd 114 . I saw the McKenna 10 year ... man , it's a bit pricey ... 40 bucks I think . I was at the store to buy wine , which was setting me back as it was . I eventually scored some ogd 114 so im good to go for a bit . Im still working the Canadian stuff too