Thermos

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

I see that I am not the only one in the market for a travel thermos. The vintage Stanley that I had for 23 years disappeared during our recent move. Want a replacement with a separate cup for tea/coffee, whatever I'm in the mood for.

Opinions solicited.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Travel thermos? I'm just looking for a regular thermos without an oring that I have to replace every 2 months.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Dr Uhaha wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:30 am I see that I am not the only one in the market for a travel thermos. The vintage Stanley that I had for 23 years disappeared during our recent move. Want a replacement with a separate cup for tea/coffee, whatever I'm in the mood for.

Opinions solicited.
Honestly I am not sure you can really do better than those old Stanleys. I'd look on etsy to see if you can find one. They pop up at thrift stores a lot too.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/870344974/ ... ck=1&cns=1
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Dr Uhaha

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:23 am Travel thermos? I'm just looking for a regular thermos without an oring that I have to replace every 2 months.
Yeah, I have a cup-style insulated drink cup, but what I need is a vacuum bottle that I can throw in a bag.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Houtenziel wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:31 am
Dr Uhaha wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:30 am I see that I am not the only one in the market for a travel thermos. The vintage Stanley that I had for 23 years disappeared during our recent move. Want a replacement with a separate cup for tea/coffee, whatever I'm in the mood for.

Opinions solicited.
Honestly I am not sure you can really do better than those old Stanleys. I'd look on etsy to see if you can find one. They pop up at thrift stores a lot too.
That's a food thermos, you can't pour without removing the cap.
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha

May end up having to go with another vintage vacuum bottle, if nobody here is making them now. Don't trust anything out of Guangzhou - just a personal preference.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I will never buy a used thermos, you will never know what was in it.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:40 am
Houtenziel wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:31 am

Opinions solicited.
That's a food thermos, you can't pour without removing the cap.
It's a whatever you want to put in it thermos. I have always had the wide mouth ones.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Middle Earth

I use this
It is highy rated by me and 22,536 others on Amazon

Stanley Classic Vacuum Insulated Wide Mouth Bottle - BPA-Free 18/8 Stainless Steel Thermos for Cold and Hot Beverages – Keeps Liquid Hot or Cold for Up to 24 Hours

Middle Earth

There is this version with the cup that is highy rated

Stanley Classic Legendary Vacuum Insulated Food Jar 24oz – Stainless Steel, Naturally BPA-free Container – Keeps Food/Liquid Hot or Cold for 15 Hours – Leak Resistant, Easy Clean