Thermos

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Wildcat wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:01 am
Dr Uhaha wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:14 am Naturally my search for a Thermos took a side trip down memory lane. Those metal boxes were good for all kinds of things: food, self defense, toy storage, burying treasure. :lol:
Anyone remember these Peanuts wannabes? I found one of these at a yard sale or some such in my freshman year of college. Knowing me I probably dumpster dove for it! Anyway, I carried drawing supplies in it for years all over campus. It went well with my paint covered lab coat with the nuclear waste symbol on the back. Ah to be young and stoopid again. I mean I'm still stoopid, just old and stoopid now.

On a side note, this cartoon was heavy handed in it's political correctness and not funny. Not even once.
Wee Pals, yeah, hated it. Never funny, not once...just like you said!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ronv69
Founding Member

I had a Roy Rodgers lunchbox with the matching Thermos. I remember I kept breaking them, several times in one year. I was little and I guess clumsy.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Not exactly a "thermos" but this dude tests a bunch of insulated bottles.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:14 am
Wildcat wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:01 am
Dr Uhaha wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:14 am Naturally my search for a Thermos took a side trip down memory lane. Those metal boxes were good for all kinds of things: food, self defense, toy storage, burying treasure. :lol:
Anyone remember these Peanuts wannabes? I found one of these at a yard sale or some such in my freshman year of college. Knowing me I probably dumpster dove for it! Anyway, I carried drawing supplies in it for years all over campus. It went well with my paint covered lab coat with the nuclear waste symbol on the back. Ah to be young and stoopid again. I mean I'm still stoopid, just old and stoopid now.

On a side note, this cartoon was heavy handed in it's political correctness and not funny. Not even once.
Wee Pals, yeah, hated it. Never funny, not once...just like you said!
What would have made Wee Pals better would have been a bunch of trans characters. Then the hilarity could really fly.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.