Michter's American Whiskey

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Has anyone had this?
It is a limited release whiskey. I have read nothing but great reviews about this.
If anyone knows where to get a bottle please let me know.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I 'm unaware of it . I looked it up .. 50 bucks a bottle is 20 bucks above my max comfort zone for a bottle of booze . I'm a 30 bucks and below kinda guy . It better be damn good for 50 bucks
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whistlebritches

mrpipster wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:00 pm Has anyone had this?
It is a limited release whiskey. I have read nothing but great reviews about this.
I've sampled pretty much all the Michter's expressions.My thoughts were while they were fine whiskies and rye for the same coin I can have Blanton's or Jefferson Reserve........both are far superior in my opinion.If Michter's came in $30 and under I give them a thumbs up but at $50 plus it's overpriced.

My thoughts after reading several of your post are.......you need to try some George Dickel #12.This is some of the finest Tennessee Whisky ever made in my humble opinion,nothing like its nemesis Jack Daniels which to me taste like charcoal.George Dickel #8 is also good just not as smooth as #12.If you want to spend a little more look for GD Barrel Select.........smooth as a prom queens thighs and just as dangerous,one of the best sippin whiskies I have ever had.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whistlebritches wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:18 pm
I've sampled pretty much all the Michter's expressions.My thoughts were while they were fine whiskies and rye for the same coin I can have Blanton's or Jefferson Reserve........both are far superior in my opinion.If Michter's came in $30 and under I give them a thumbs up but at $50 plus it's overpriced.

My thoughts after reading several of your post are.......you need to try some George Dickel #12.This is some of the finest Tennessee Whisky ever made in my humble opinion,nothing like its nemesis Jack Daniels which to me taste like charcoal.George Dickel #8 is also good just not as smooth as #12.If you want to spend a little more look for GD Barrel Select.........smooth as a prom queens thighs and just as dangerous,one of the best sippin whiskies I have ever had.
See , you are the freakin man , man ! Im always psyched to read what you write about bourbon/whiskey .. and i agree on the JD comment . Hell , I'll drink it but its not my thing . The Virgin bourbon is what JD should taste like .. man , I wish I could teleport you some . I dig the Dickel products .... some time back , on the label of their bottle , it would say that if you could find them , that they would give you a tour ... this was before the bourbon boom and when the internet wasnt as big as now , Pre facebook days . Jennifer and I wanted to make the trip but we had Anthony and he was a baby etc .. so it didnt happen . These days , they give tours , have a FB page etc ... tims have changed but their whiskey hasnt ... its damn good stuff
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Its funny you would suggest GD 12. I bought some the other day. I like this one!
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Whistlebritches

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:17 pm

See , you are the freakin man , man ! Im always psyched to read what you write about bourbon/whiskey .. and i agree on the JD comment . Hell , I'll drink it but its not my thing . The Virgin bourbon is what JD should taste like .. man , I wish I could teleport you some . I dig the Dickel products .... some time back , on the label of their bottle , it would say that if you could find them , that they would give you a tour ... this was before the bourbon boom and when the internet wasnt as big as now , Pre facebook days . Jennifer and I wanted to make the trip but we had Anthony and he was a baby etc .. so it didnt happen . These days , they give tours , have a FB page etc ... tims have changed but their whiskey hasnt ... its damn good stuff
I've had my eyes open for Virgin bourbon........think I read it's an east coast thang.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whistlebritches wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:21 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:17 pm

I think its just south east , which is a shame
I've had my eyes open for Virgin bourbon........think I read it's an east coast thang.