The lack of OGD 114 and others and my Canadian Purchase

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:39 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:09 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:42 pm

I cant express how much I dig the Virgin Bourbon . From what Ive read , its mainly exported and sold in the South East to an extent . I dont know why that is ... my Goodness , its good . Its not legal in the state of Georgia to receive alcohol in the mail but it may b legal to send out . If so , I'll send you a bottle of the Virgin , if its legal to get stuff in the mail in your state . To me , its what I'd want Jack Daniels to taste like
After a quick glance, it's not illegal to ship alcohol as long as it's not a dry city / county / state. It cannot be shipped via USPS, but ups and FedEx have no such rule. I'd gladly send you the $ to cover it all Ruff
Cool ! Im going to Murphy NC tomorrow for a rehearsal .. I'll blow into the shop there and snag you one . I'll let you know the exact cost , which I think is 13 dollars . I dont know what shipping will be but I'd imagine 5ish [ ? ] . I'll go ahead and get it and you can send me a pay pal later for what the cost of it and shipping is ....... but no more because that would be uncool . I would get folks at psf1 American old school snuff because it seems to not be in much of the USA, though here its everywhere . I did the same for them and of course would do it for anyone here
What is this American old school snuff you speak of?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:26 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:09 pm

After a quick glance, it's not illegal to ship alcohol as long as it's not a dry city / county / state. It cannot be shipped via USPS, but ups and FedEx have no such rule. I'd gladly send you the $ to cover it all Ruff
Cool ! Im going to Murphy NC tomorrow for a rehearsal .. I'll blow into the shop there and snag you one . I'll let you know the exact cost , which I think is 13 dollars . I dont know what shipping will be but I'd imagine 5ish [ ? ] . I'll go ahead and get it and you can send me a pay pal later for what the cost of it and shipping is ....... but no more because that would be uncool . I would get folks at psf1 American old school snuff because it seems to not be in much of the USA, though here its everywhere . I did the same for them and of course would do it for anyone here
My hero! Much appreciated Ruff
I never mad it to Murphy because the rehearsal got cancelled .. BUT .. I will this weekend . I figure I'll make you my victim for the Multi Pass , so you'll get it and the other stuff at the same tim ... how does that sound
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:24 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:26 pm

My hero! Much appreciated Ruff
I never mad it to Murphy because the rehearsal got cancelled .. BUT .. I will this weekend . I figure I'll make you my victim for the Multi Pass , so you'll get it and the other stuff at the same tim ... how does that sound
Sounds like a great idea!
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Tomorrow , tomorrow ... I'll be in Murphy tomorrow ... McKennas 10 year is just a day aaaaaaaaaaway
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ell lookie what happened on my shlf today ..... I found a 114 source that say its always in stock ... its just 70 miles away is all :shock:

Whistlebritches

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:57 pm ell lookie what happened on my shlf today ..... I found a 114 source that say its always in stock ... its just 70 miles away is all :shock:

I drive 75 south,87 east and 115 west............and usually no OGD 114.But I still love living in the boonies.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Well fellas I have found my everyday whiskey. Good ole Jim Beam. Yep that's the one for me. 2 oz and 2 cubes. Now I need to find a way to keep the wife away from my bottle.
She isn't a heavy drinker but our tastes seem to match up pretty well.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Whistlebritches

mrpipster wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:40 pm Well fellas I have found my everyday whiskey. Good ole Jim Beam. Yep that's the one for me. 2 oz and 2 cubes. Now I need to find a way to keep the wife away from my bottle.
White Label?If so when it starts getting boring step up to the Black Label..............which is really good whisky in my humble opinion.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I'm just going to echo what Whistlebritches said again. The black label (double aged I think they call it) is absolutely enough of an improvement to justify the price. Goes on decent sales pretty often too. Very enjoyable sipper
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

mrpipster wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:40 pm Well fellas I have found my everyday whiskey. Good ole Jim Beam. Yep that's the one for me. 2 oz and 2 cubes. Now I need to find a way to keep the wife away from my bottle.
I can relate , Pip . The only bourbon I drank was Jim Beam White for decades . I have to admit that the black is superior , it just is . But I would imagine the white label has hooked many a man over the years ! I'm glad you found one you dig !

Lol , now I'm wondering if you would like Canadian whiskey !? Being I was a Jim Beam white enjoyer for decades ,I'm guessing we have similar tastes ... I really dig Canadian whiskey too and you might also [ ? ] I picked up a bottle of Black Velvet Reserve the other day [ its way better than the regular BV , which is grain neutral spirits and some whiskey .. its crap ] . The BV Reserve is all whiskey and aged 8 years . Its a bit sweeter than bourbon , a bit " lighter " and very damn smooth . I'm gonna pop it when the temps hit 90 + .......... until then , its bourbon for me . The BV Reserve is only 13 bucks

If you happen to see one of those little airplane bottles of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whiskey ....... Buy it to try !!!!! Its so fantastic . I think they finish it off in used Sherry casks for some ageing and it just zaps away anything that isnt smooth and lovely

SO fantastic