The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

CoreyR wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:05 am I paid a visit to the boozery the other day. Restocked good bourbon and picked up something called "Evan Williams?" I dunno but it was CHEAP and I have parked it in the kitchen for my wife to use when cooking up "drunken collards."
I must admit, those "drunken collards," that she made with my Elijah Craig, were some kinda good!
Evan Williams Black, 90 proof, is one of the very best values in bourbon, very drinkable mixed or neat.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Ellis You wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:32 am
CoreyR wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:05 am I paid a visit to the boozery the other day. Restocked good bourbon and picked up something called "Evan Williams?" I dunno but it was CHEAP and I have parked it in the kitchen for my wife to use when cooking up "drunken collards."
I must admit, those "drunken collards," that she made with my Elijah Craig, were some kinda good!
Evan Williams Black, 90 proof, is one of the very best values in bourbon, very drinkable mixed or neat.
As long as it is very cookable in my wifes' kitchen! So she does not use the good stuff anymore!!!
racinghoss

I didn't know about this thread until today. I will endeavor to keep up with it.

Last night, I sipped EW Single Barrel.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Evan Williams , a Heaven Hill product ... they're all good ! Actually , i have yet to have a Heaven Hill product that I didnt yet like or love . Henry McKenna is super similar to the EW 1783 ( also an HH product ) ... though the big ass bottle of McKenna is only 20 bucks
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I need to do a side by side between EW Black and Ezra Brooks .... I thinknim may favor Ezra .. I know , it's not Heaven Hill , but anytime I've had it.. it's been exceptional
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whistlebritches

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:02 pm I need to do a side by side between EW Black and Ezra Brooks .... I thinknim may favor Ezra .. I know , it's not Heaven Hill , but anytime I've had it.. it's been exceptional
Actually it is highly suspected that Ezra Brooks is sourced from Heaven Hill,my palate concurs

https://thewhiskeyjug.com/bourbon-whisk ... on-review/

https://www.proof66.com/whiskey/ezra-br ... urbon.html

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/review/ ... l-strength
Whistlebritches

Suddenly Texas has been blessed with lots of Weller juice.Picked up a Weller 12 right before Christmas at MSRP,$29.99, and that's almost unheard of these days.They want $150 at a rip off liquor store in Abilene(H&H Liquors,the owner is a schyster) that I refuse to do business with anymore.However the stores I frequent in Wichita Falls are honest and just do their standard mark up.That being said I been drinking lots of Weller Special Reserve,$32.99 for a 1.75L.It may not be on par with the 12 year old or Antique 107 but if you like a wheated bourbon it is these that all others are judged by.I've tried the other wheaters……..all Weller wannabe's in my humble opinion.

Cheers Mates
racinghoss

Weller is nonexistent in MD. If you find it, its priced stupidly...like $80 for a fifth of Special Reserve. I go to Columbus for work or passing through fairly often. Every grocery store sells it for $22. Occasionally you can score Antique 107 or 12yr too. I load the trunk when I go there.
racinghoss

Tonight it is TX Texas Straight Bourbon. So good. And for gratuity I included the Petersen that I burned up a couple.bowls of Sutliff Mark Twain in today. Image
Whistlebritches

racinghoss wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:23 pm Tonight it is TX Texas Straight Bourbon. So good. And for gratuity I included the Petersen that I burned up a couple.bowls of Sutliff Mark Twain in today. Image
That TX Bourbon is all over the place here and I've yet to try it...…...suppose I'll have to change that.But what really got my interest is that Evan Williams Vintage Single Barrel,now that made my mouth water.