The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

racinghoss

Whistlebritches wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 pm
racinghoss wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:23 pm Tonight it is TX Texas Straight Bourbon. So good. And for gratuity I included the Petersen that I burned up a couple.bowls of Sutliff Mark Twain in today. Image
That TX Bourbon is all over the place here and I've yet to try it...…...suppose I'll have to change that.But what really got my interest is that Evan Williams Vintage Single Barrel,now that made my mouth water.
Yeah, top 5 bourbon under $30. Hell, you can spend $90 and be hard pressed to do better. That one, Elijah Craig, and either Wild Turkey Rye or Old Forester Rye can always be found on my cabinet.
racinghoss

...aaaaand that's what I'm sipping tonight. Thanks for the recommendation!
Whistlebritches

racinghoss wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:31 pm
Whistlebritches wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 pm
racinghoss wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:23 pm Tonight it is TX Texas Straight Bourbon. So good. And for gratuity I included the Petersen that I burned up a couple.bowls of Sutliff Mark Twain in today. Image
That TX Bourbon is all over the place here and I've yet to try it...…...suppose I'll have to change that.But what really got my interest is that Evan Williams Vintage Single Barrel,now that made my mouth water.
Yeah, top 5 bourbon under $30. Hell, you can spend $90 and be hard pressed to do better. That one, Elijah Craig, and either Wild Turkey Rye or Old Forester Rye can always be found on my cabinet.
Yes Sir...….Elijah and I go way back and was much better when it carried the 12 YO age statement.It's still good but that 12 YO juice was like a magic elixir.I was a Sazerac guy when it came to rye for many years....OF came along and that is my go to rye of choice today.Quite the value too
racinghoss

I like Sazerac too, but it's harder to find. I got my hands on a bottle of the 12yr EC a few weeks ago, it cost $90. Highway robbery. I passed on it, but a buddy bought it...so I got to dri I some anyway!
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

At the moment its JB Black. I know its early but just got home from the night shift.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

rlucas wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:16 am At the moment its JB Black. I know its early but just got home from the night shift.
It's after 5:00 P.M. in Berlin.
Whistlebritches

Weller Special Reserve alongside an MM Country Gent filled with Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

None at the moment. Getting ready to go to work at the bourbon factory.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Whistlebritches

rlucas wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:58 pm Getting ready to go to work at the bourbon factory.
My dream job...……………...
9 Iron
Founding Member

A tumbler of regular ol Evan Williams while watching a movie with the old lady. Hell, it’s good enough. The booze, the movie, and the ol lady.