The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ellis You wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:54 pm Made a liquor store run this afternoon and got a couple that I've not tried before. My Gentleman Jack is about empty so I'm sure I'll crack these open by the weekend.

Is that a pre-prohibition recipe or label color? You never know these days.
The Troll Whisperer
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Could be both, probably just marketing. From what I've read, the recipe is probably the same as regular JB rye, just not waterered down as much, 90 proof vrs 80 for the regular.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

CoreyR wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:05 am I picked up some Elijah Craig last week. Never had it before and found that I like it. Not badly priced either. Sadly, I left the bottle sitting out and my wife used it in cooking!!! :o
Good reason to visit the liquor store :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:06 am
CoreyR wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:05 am I picked up some Elijah Craig last week. Never had it before and found that I like it. Not badly priced either. Sadly, I left the bottle sitting out and my wife used it in cooking!!! :o
Good reason to visit the liquor store :thumbs:
I like the way you think sir!! :clap:
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

The Pre Prohibition JB rye is pretty decent. I'm sipping on some neat right now. I'm getting a little spice along with a little bit of 90 proof heat, but it's smoother than I had expected.
I'll try the Larceny tomorrow evening to see how it compares to my favorite wheated bourbon, Maker's Mark.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

JB Black at the moment.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Halfway through a double Jim Beam Pre-Prohibition Rye. I think I'll be due a refill shortly because 3 boys, 9 thru 13, are too noisy for my old nerves. I'm about tired of their mother dropping them off here several nights a week while she goes out doing whatever. The grandson is fine and always welcome, but those 2 foster kids can be too damn much.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

My son got a bottle of Jack Daniels Old No. 7 from someone and he gave it to me, so now I'm sipping on somma dat. I see it's 80 proof. I remember it being 86 proof back in the day. I guess they cheaped out on us. It's still good though.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Bamarick

Ellis You wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:08 pm Halfway through a double Jim Beam Pre-Prohibition Rye. I think I'll be due a refill shortly because 3 boys, 9 thru 13, are too noisy for my old nerves. I'm about tired of their mother dropping them off here several nights a week while she goes out doing whatever. The grandson is fine and always welcome, but those 2 foster kids can be too damn much.
Saturday we had 11 Grandkids here ages 13 months thru 19, plus 7 kids, ages 15 months thru 15 who have more or less adopted us as Grandparents. Talk about noise!
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
CoreyR
Founding Member

I paid a visit to the boozery the other day. Restocked good bourbon and picked up something called "Evan Williams?" I dunno but it was CHEAP and I have parked it in the kitchen for my wife to use when cooking up "drunken collards."
I must admit, those "drunken collards," that she made with my Elijah Craig, were some kinda good!