The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

Tsal
Forum Decorum

I don't drink alcohol anymore, but if I did Wild Turkey would be my choice. :thumbs:
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:19 am I don't drink alcohol anymore, but if I did Wild Turkey would be my choice. :thumbs:
That's one of my favorites that I somehow always forget to buy. The turkey 101 is at the top of my list
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:32 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:19 am I don't drink alcohol anymore, but if I did Wild Turkey would be my choice. :thumbs:
That's one of my favorites that I somehow always forget to buy. The turkey 101 is at the top of my list
Wild Turkey sours made with egg whites is amazing!
The Troll Whisperer
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

This alone tells me we likely have much in common.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:48 pm
:buddy: I'll drink to that!
The Troll Whisperer
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:57 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:48 pm
:buddy: I'll drink to that!
Me too, just finished the coffee so it'll be peach tea with a touch of Agave.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Still haven't popped the 114 . I'll probably bring it on my out of town work trip . In the mean time , the only thing left is Black Velvet Reserve .... it'll do . I really need to hit a package store .imkinda jonesing for thr Virgin bourbon again
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:47 pm EW Black ... but just a little cause I'm going out to the barn to do stuff :D
I'm no whiskey connoisseur, but I do like Evan Williams Green label. Despite the lower alcohol content, for me, it just tastes better than black label.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Longshanks wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:33 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:47 pm EW Black ... but just a little cause I'm going out to the barn to do stuff :D
I'm no whiskey connoisseur, but I do like Evan Williams Green label. Despite the lower alcohol content, for me, it just tastes better than black label.
Love EV Black . Ya know , I've never had the Green , Just the ' step up ' stuff . I like the black best of all so far . What proof is the green ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:40 pm
Longshanks wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:33 am
Love EV Black . Ya know , I've never had the Green , Just the ' step up ' stuff . I like the black best of all so far . What proof is the green ?
Hey Ruff - I believe Black label is 43% and Green is only 40%. You wouldn't think there would be a difference, but there is.

I only know because my dad drinks Green label, so we had a nip when he came to visit from Minnesota. I'm not a bourbon whiskey guy, but I kind of liked it. When it ran out, I went to get another fifth but they were sold out of Green label. Not knowing the difference, I grabbed Black label to try it out. I figured the extra 3% alcohol wouldn't make a difference, and I half expected it to be better since it was $1 more per bottle. Nope.

Now those are just my taste buds talking. You may find the opposite true. If you can find Green label, it's definitely worth trying out. I can get it in Tennessee and my dad can get it in Minnesota, but I can't get it here in Bowling Green, Kentucky - the state it is made in!!!!! Yes, that's what they told me at the liquor stores.

On a positive note... my "secret santa" now knows what to get me instead of pipe tobacco. Heh heh heh. 8-)
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?