Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

MikeDennison wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:54 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:34 am
MikeDennison wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:43 am
Brother, I keep waiting for Dear Sweetie to threaten my life! But she's just smiled and said, "Very nice!" I won a Grabow last night, and I don't think she knows about that yet. That might be the last straw. :D
How would she know if you don't tell her?? Lol...I lost a Grabow on Saturday from a snipe app by a dollar! I retreat to my bathroom come closing time on listings, my wife heard me using fowl language and came to the door and said, "I know what your doing" lol I can't get away from her at home.
She keeps a weather eye on the bank account! Plus, I swear she pulls vibes out of the ether!
Ahh, I was thinking your poker face needs some work. Lol
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 5):
MikeDennisonMiddle EarthTry CobRonv69Maynard
Never test the depth of the river with both feet ...🎳
MikeDennison
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:15 pm
MikeDennison wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:54 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
How would she know if you don't tell her?? Lol...I lost a Grabow on Saturday from a snipe app by a dollar! I retreat to my bathroom come closing time on listings, my wife heard me using fowl language and came to the door and said, "I know what your doing" lol I can't get away from her at home.
She keeps a weather eye on the bank account! Plus, I swear she pulls vibes out of the ether!
Ahh, I was thinking your poker face needs some work. Lol
Hahaha!
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 5):
Bruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthTry CobRonv69Maynard
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Try Cob

Grabow Smooth Lark

Grabow Smooth Omega

Grabow Bent Lark Rusticated

Grabow Rusticated Lark
This post by Try Cob liked by (total 8):
Kevin KeithMiddle EarthFr_TomRonv69Mr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonMaynard
Forget the past for it no more holds sway;
forget the future once you thought so bright
Try Cob

Grabow Smooth Duke

Grabow Rusticated Duke
This post by Try Cob liked by (total 8):
Kevin KeithMiddle EarthFr_TomRonv69Mr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonMaynard
Try Cob

Molina Churchwarden Carbon Black
My darlin' loves this finish, as do I.
It shouted buy me!
Image does not do it justice.

Strange that all these pipes arrived today, some much earlier than estimated ETAs.
This post by Try Cob liked by (total 7):
Middle EarthRonv69Mr BeardsleyFr_TomBruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonMaynard
Ronv69
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
MikeDennison wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:04 am
On a roll! 👍
Brother, I keep waiting for Dear Sweetie to threaten my life! But she's just smiled and said, "Very nice!" I won a Grabow last night, and I don't think she knows about that yet. That might be the last straw. :D
When I had that (Pipe) (A)quistion) (S)yndrome, I turned off all notifications and used a different browser. I felt like an alcoholic hiding booze and pain pills. All I can say is that it's a lot better than drugs, but my behavior was worse. Of course I wasn't buying Grabows.
This post by Ronv69 liked by (total 7):
Middle EarthBruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMikeDennisonMaynardKevin KeithTry Cob
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

Ronv69 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:27 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
MikeDennison wrote:
When I had that (Pipe) (A)quistion) (S)yndrome, I turned off all notifications and used a different browser. I felt like an alcoholic hiding booze and pain pills. All I can say is that it's a lot better than drugs, but my behavior was worse. Of course I wasn't buying Grabows.
I see nothing wrong with buying pipes if that's what you like to do with your money. It's when people start considering it a disorder or a syndrome is when it's all down hill. You have a nice collection to be happy about...👍
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 5):
MikeDennisonMaynardFr_TomTry CobMr Beardsley
MikeDennison
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:27 am
Ronv69 wrote:
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
I see nothing wrong with buying pipes if that's what you like to do with your money. It's when people start considering it a disorder or a syndrome is when it's all down hill. You have a nice collection to be happy about...👍
I have more pipes than I'll ever smoke or need, and probably it's ridiculous. But I've had friends that built model trains, or that rebuilt cars, did woodworking, some that built and flew RC planes. I buy pipes and smoke'em. When I need a little distraction or a pick-me-up, I'll go through them. I spend far less money than colleagues spend on golf or pro-sports tickets. The pipes are more expensive than puzzles, but cheaper than most model car kits. So, Dear Sweetie is actually pretty cool with it...though sometimes she rolls her eyes. :D
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 6):
MaynardBruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMiddle EarthTry CobMr Beardsley
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:38 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Ronv69 wrote:
I have more pipes than I'll ever smoke or need, and probably it's ridiculous. But I've had friends that built model trains, or that rebuilt cars, did woodworking, some that built and flew RC planes. I buy pipes and smoke'em. When I need a little distraction or a pick-me-up, I'll go through them. I spend far less money than colleagues spend on golf or pro-sports tickets. The pipes are more expensive than puzzles, but cheaper than most model car kits. So, Dear Sweetie is actually pretty cool with it...though sometimes she rolls her eyes. :D
The rolling of the eyes is harmless, your lucky. I used to get lamps and other blunt objects thrown at me. Lol... everything has a price tag unless we are all happy to just sit and stare at the wall in our spare time which can get boring i imagine. Just think of the thrill your going to get come the next bank statement. Exciting times! Lol
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 6):
MikeDennisonFr_TomMaynardMiddle EarthTry CobMr Beardsley
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

MikeDennison wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:38 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Ronv69 wrote:
My wife and I are both clergy, and so we do a lot of the non-anxious presence when people are processing marital issues. Sometimes we are doing counseling.

I have a day job and a work ethic. My "vices" are pretty benign and don't involve interns at work. I have more pipes than I need, but as a thing to collect, this is a lot better than restraining orders or misconduct investigations. My long-suffering wife has an appreciation of all this.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 7):
Kevin KeithMaynardBruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthTry CobMikeDennisonMr Beardsley
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017