Need help with buying my first pipe

gentunited

Currently I cant decide between this pipe https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Tra ... st=ae803_5 and this one:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Retro-V ... =ae803_5.I can only shop from alliexpres and the maximum I can afford is 7 euros.If any of you kind gentleman could help me to choose which one is better based from the parts its made of I would really appreciate it from one gentleman to another.Also if any of you think that there is a better pipe within that price range on alliexpres feel free to tell me.
Thank you
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Honestly , neither . If you budget is 10 bucks or under , your best bet by far is a Missouri Merchaum corn cob pipe ... period . Nothing will smoke better for anywhere near that price range. Those pipes you listed are just ... crap. Now , I don't mean that in a snob sort of way . I mean it because it's the truth . The material is meh , the finish ( God only knows what the Chinese use for finishing ) and who. Knows how it's drilled . And worse yet , you buy it and end up looking like the guy advertising it ... yikes.
Seriously , a cob by Missouri Merchaum for that price range . If you're hell bent on getting a briar pipe , id seriously suggest a Medico , Kaywoodie , Dr, Grabow .... these pipes are at wvsmokeshop.com
Pipes by EWA , Jeantet and other are at tobaccopipes.com .... there are other sites but they mostly carry higher end stuff . Pipes and cigars carries cheaper pipes but I hate that site for various reasons

Anyway , I'd be doingbypu sa disservice if I said to pick one that you mentioned . Id rather give you solid options and have you be happy and maybe hang out here , then be bummed st the whole thing from the start
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

https://wvsmokeshop.com/pipes.aspx

I'd start hete because they have the most pipes that are good and reasonable

If you snag a pipe there , nightcap well snag tobacco too ... shipping won't kill you that way.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:29 pm https://wvsmokeshop.com/pipes.aspx

If you snag a pipe there , nightcap well snag tobacco too ... shipping won't kill you that way.
I am pretty sure WV doesn't ship internationally.

I agree though.. A cob is your best bet. Don't mess around with those pipes.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

houtenziel wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:06 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:29 pm https://wvsmokeshop.com/pipes.aspx

I am pretty sure WV doesn't ship internationally.

I agree though.. A cob is your best bet. Don't mess around with those pipes.
Oh yeah , Euros .. lol . Oops
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:58 pm Image
I actually find that mesmerizing. I could watch it all day
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Whalehead King

The usual consensus will be to not buy Chinese for your first pipe. I'm sure there are some good Chinese pipes on the market but that's not what Chinese manufacturers are known for. If you can't buy an American cob, buy an inexpensive Euro-pipe and break it in, learn how it works and move up from there.

Welcome to the club. It's going to be an interesting journey from novice to master pipe smoker. Take it from the maestros you'll find here on PSF.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I'll be the one to say it... The China pipes from HS Studio / Road Town are cut and engineered surprisingly well. I've held and inspected a couple and honestly I have to give them 2 thumbs up... Now, I've read some things about their inner coating being absolutely foul tasting. I don't know. I'd say knock the bowl coat out and go for it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
gentunited

Thank you all for your help but from reading your responses I come to realize that I have not mentioned the reason why I want to start pipe smoking and for that I apologize.Currently Im 17 and the main reason I want to start smoking a pipe is because I believe it makes a man look more sophisticated and intelligent with it,so I dont care about the quality (mind you I still care about the longevity and ease of cleaning)of the pipe I just care how it makes me look(because I only plan to use it around people).I should also mention that I dont plan to smoke tobacco with it due to my health but because I think just having a pipe in your mouth looks stupid I plan to use some dry herb or plant (recommendation needed here).And finally I mentioned alliexpres because that the only store I know off that ships internationally (because I live in Macedonia aka North Macedonia