@9 Iron
The grain on that Savinelli is exceptional
Great pipe
Really like the way Mac Baren's does Latakia
Should be a great smoke
Thanks for the head's up on that
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

9 Iron wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:27 am Smokingpipes just released a limited run of Mac Baren Latakia Rolls, looked interesting, so I grabbed a couple tins and a new Savinelli to smoke em in.

ImageImage
No Shit !!! Cool !!

It sounds like the old Latakia rolls blend .. my favorite !!

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobac ... _id/414764
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

rekamepip wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:46 am Image
Holy crap! That totally looks like it, thanks! Guessing it's a recent addition as I've never seen that shape before. Initially was thinking this pipe was a product of the Lane takeover where they slapped stems and stamps on stummels they found in an attempt to sell everything.
Riff89

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:06 am I bought a pipe! First prize to whoever can tell me what shape this is. Seriously, I should know or at the very least be able to come up with an answer, it's almost a Hillcrest shape. Waiting to see it in hand to find out if has an oval shank, still not quite that shape though...
That’s a beautiful grabow! The lines are way sweet!
webmost

Just one Grant at the antique store yesterday. Sending it off to Norwood's in TN to fix the wobbly stem. Can't wait to warm it up.
Enjoy your smokes
webmost

Enjoy your smokes
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:56 pm
Holy crap! That totally looks like it, thanks! Guessing it's a recent addition as I've never seen that shape before. Initially was thinking this pipe was a product of the Lane takeover where they slapped stems and stamps on stummels they found in an attempt to sell everything.
I didn't know they sold the Collector's series on the shelf. I see these in the newsletter/order form they send me. Very nice 👍
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Wildcat wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:10 am
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:56 pm
I didn't know they sold the Collector's series on the shelf. I see these in the newsletter/order form they send me. Very nice 👍
They don't! It was packaged and stamped as a Grand Duke.
9 Iron
Founding Member

When I bought that Savinelli the other day I was torn between it and a sweet little Geppetto of similar stature. In the end it kept calling to me so I caved in an snatched it up this morning. I like all sorts of shapes for various reasons but these short, lightweight slightly bent apple/brandy shaped pipes make for some of the most comfortable clenchers and tend to smoke really well for me. Also their size and shape make them perfect for carrying around in a small pipe bag.

webmost

Wonderful burl
Enjoy your smokes