Latest Pipe Purchase 2021

Ronv69
Founding Member

simplepipes wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:18 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:49 pm Here's the picture I promised.
I have never understood this stem configuration that Peterson has favored over the years . . .

-sp
It's for the long term. So the stem can wear and still fit. So your great, great grandchildren can smoke it.
This post by Ronv69 liked by (total 5):
Middle EarthMaynardLostdog5152Bruyere_RoyaleThelonious monkfish
Lostdog5152

I believe its correct that it was/is marketed as something to compensate for wear. Whether its needed or not is debatable. People just became accustomed to seeing this feature on certain pipes. Not to have it would be like buying a mobile home without fake shutters. No useful purpose but it just wouldn't look right without it.
This post by Lostdog5152 liked by (total 4):
Middle EarthBruyere_RoyaleRonv69Thelonious monkfish
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

Ronv69 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:55 pm
simplepipes wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:18 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:49 pm Here's the picture I promised.
I have never understood this stem configuration that Peterson has favored over the years . . .

-sp
It's for the long term. So the stem can wear and still fit. So your great, great grandchildren can smoke it.
Whatever it's use is you got a sweet stummel out of the deal! 👍
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 5):
Ronv69Middle EarthLostdog5152Thelonious monkfishPeacock
.............🎳
Ronv69
Founding Member

Lostdog5152 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:22 am I believe its correct that it was/is marketed as something to compensate for wear. Whether its needed or not is debatable. People just became accustomed to seeing this feature on certain pipes. Not to have it would be like buying a mobile home without fake shutters. No useful purpose but it just wouldn't look right without it.
I have one that someone cut it down to almost flush. Any more and it wouldn't fit. But because of the hack job I got a good deal on it.
This post by Ronv69 liked by (total 4):
Middle EarthLostdog5152Thelonious monkfishBruyere_Royale
Citizen B

I haven't purchased anything, but I'm going nuts on this website, that I keep revisiting again and again:

https://hwiebe.com

This site has less information than the Kirsten website, but it has me daydreaming just as much, if not more.

I told Mrs. B. that I am very tempted to buy a new pipe. She said, "Then why don't you?" It's because I can't justify spending $140 right now for a pipe when, though I know I'm going to love it, I already have enough pipes in the stable. Many of them are wasted-money pipes; you know the kind I mean: duds.

Mr. B. says I never spend money on myself, which isn't entirely true, but, I do like to live within our means. The time isn't ripe for one of these metal pipes....yet.

The copper ones seem to be all sold out, so the purple tempts me most: a Mardi Gras color. I don't usually like a bent pipe but I see the advantages of a bent one of these. Still, that long straight pipe is 6" long. I know some people prefer 8" but it's all in how you use the length of the stem, just like roses. All of my other pipes are straight, just like their owner.

So, anyhow, it's neither here nor there. I am just dithering and I needed to share my indecision. Thank you for listening. I know I'm going to own one of these pipes some day. It is just a matter of time. It won't be today and it won't be tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm gonna keep daydreaming.
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 6):
Lostdog5152Thelonious monkfishBruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthRuffinogoldRonv69
---They'll paint daisies on my coffin.
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

Those pipes are 80 dollars.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 2):
Middle EarthRonv69
.............🎳
ncrobb
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:59 am Those pipes are 80 dollars.
But you gotta add a bowl.....
This post by ncrobb liked by (total 5):
Bruyere_RoyaleCitizen BMiddle EarthRonv69Thelonious monkfish
“Spread your arms, hold your breath and always trust your cape.” - Guy Clark
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil

ncrobb wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:58 am
Oh... I didn't click on the pipe for details... 80 clams for brakeline and a bit seems steep.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 6):
Kevin KeithHoutenzielMr BeardsleyMiddle EarthRonv69Thelonious monkfish
.............🎳
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:39 am
ncrobb wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:58 am
Oh... I didn't click on the pipe for details... 80 clams for brakeline and a bit seems steep.
lol
This post by Kevin Keith liked by:
Middle Earth
9 Iron
Founding Member

Ah, you must be referring to one of these. I believe I’ll smoke it this morning to kick off February.
ImageImageImage
This post by 9 Iron liked by (total 9):
Kevin KeithBruyere_RoyaleCitizen BRuffinogoldFr_TomMiddle EarthRonv69Thelonious monkfishPeacock