Latest Pipe Purchase 2018

User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:31 pm

vwdeano wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:14 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:53 pm
Okay, this was a trade, I would not/could not spend this kind of money but was somehow able to barter a deal and couldn't pass it up, here's the result. One brand new Radice Rind with faux bamboo and one tub of SWRA, thinking these two will get along nicely.

Image

Image
Yow! that is a DANDY!
Thanks, Dean, got lucky, hot hand.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by:
Fr_Tom
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 3508
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:56 pm

Thelonious monkfish wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:31 pm

Okay, this was a trade, I would not/could not spend this kind of money but was somehow able to barter a deal and couldn't pass it up, here's the result. One brand new Radice Rind with faux bamboo and one tub of SWRA, thinking these two will get along nicely.

Image

Image
Looks like a decent bowl capacity. I approve!
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 2):
Thelonious monkfishrekamepip
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:56 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:31 pm

Okay, this was a trade, I would not/could not spend this kind of money but was somehow able to barter a deal and couldn't pass it up, here's the result. One brand new Radice Rind with faux bamboo and one tub of SWRA, thinking these two will get along nicely.

Image

Image
Looks like a decent bowl capacity. I approve!
Thanks, Padre. Currently able to bottom out my index in the chamber, but I let them cake up so need to go full measure tamping with my finger while it still fits.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 2):
Fr_Tomrekamepip
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:12 pm

Thelonious monkfish wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:53 pm
Okay, this was a trade, I would not/could not spend this kind of money but was somehow able to barter a deal and couldn't pass it up, here's the result. One brand new Radice Rind with faux bamboo and one tub of SWRA, thinking these two will get along nicely.

Image

Image
That looks like a great score!
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by:
Thelonious monkfish
May contain lead paint
User avatar
avid
Active Member
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:09 pm

And here she is, the Crown Duke just arrived...it is small in stature, looks like chamber is similar to a Legend, maybe a bit bigger...?

About to find out how she smokes, packed with Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic...

Image
This post by avid liked by (total 8):
Fr_TomhoutenzielKevin KeithThelonious monkfishMr BeardsleysimplepipesrekamepipLegion
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
User avatar
avid
Active Member
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Well, double K didn't steer me wrong. The Crown Duke smokes like a dream, I would say better than the two smaller-bowl MM's I have, a quaint little ghost, it has. Can't wait to introduce a few of my beloved aromatics.

$15.84 shipped to my mailbox, and being a filter fiend, I'll probably go out and spend double that on a good supply of Dr. Grabow filters. Heck, next trip to Paul's will see if they have a few to choose from off a board display, or out of one of their random drawers of vintage pipes... :thumbs:
This post by avid liked by (total 5):
Thelonious monkfishKevin KeithFr_TomrekamepipLegion
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
insufferable filter guy
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: San Benito

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:21 pm

avid wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:09 pm
Well, double K didn't steer me wrong. The Crown Duke smokes like a dream, I would say better than the two smaller-bowl MM's I have, a quaint little ghost, it has. Can't wait to introduce a few of my beloved aromatics.

$15.84 shipped to my mailbox, and being a filter fiend, I'll probably go out and spend double that on a good supply of Dr. Grabow filters. Heck, next trip to Paul's will see if they have a few to choose from off a board display, or out of one of their random drawers of vintage pipes... :thumbs:
That's great! I knew you'd like it :awesome:
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomavidThelonious monkfish
Image
User avatar
rekamepip
Junior Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:59 pm

scored a little lot o pipes on ebay
patiently awaiting arrival
hoping to find a gem or two in this batch

Image
This post by rekamepip liked by (total 5):
Fr_TomKevin KeithavidThelonious monkfishLegion
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 3508
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:29 pm

rekamepip wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:59 pm
scored a little lot o pipes on ebay
patiently awaiting arrival
hoping to find a gem or two in this batch

Image
Whoohoo! Looks as if it has potential.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithThelonious monkfishLegion
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 1431
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: San Benito

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:05 pm

rekamepip wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:59 pm
scored a little lot o pipes on ebay
patiently awaiting arrival
hoping to find a gem or two in this batch

Image
Nice! I see more than a few in there that look like real smokers! :king:
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomThelonious monkfishLegion
Image
Post Reply