Latest Pipe Purchase 2019

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Purchased this little guy today. Nice thinner shank rusticated pot, horn ferrule, red & black army mount stem. Just over 5" long, 13/16 chamber, right at 30 grams I believe. I'll probably go pick it up tomorrow but I'm committed to not smoking it until April
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Beautiful evening, not too cool, yet. Enjoyed some aged Carter Hall in the $10 Peterson 314 while drooling over Fr_Tom's new pipe acquisition... the beloved corndog. 8-)

Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Longshanks wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:18 pm Beautiful evening, not too cool, yet. Enjoyed some aged Carter Hall in the $10 Peterson 314 while drooling over Fr_Tom's new pipe acquisition... the beloved corndog. 8-)

I saw your pipe and did a double take.. It's super weird that your 314 has a fill in almost the exact spot my 314 also has a fill.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Peacock

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:59 pm Purchased this little guy today. Nice thinner shank rusticated pot, horn ferrule, red & black army mount stem. Just over 5" long, 13/16 chamber, right at 30 grams I believe. I'll probably go pick it up tomorrow but I'm committed to not smoking it until April
She's a beaut!! You're a stronger man than I for holding out
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 pm
I saw your pipe and did a double take.. It's super weird that your 314 has a fill in almost the exact spot my 314 also has a fill.
It is like a "beauty mark" maybe. It is just applied at the factory.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Went and picked up the pot today so here's a couple shots in my own hand instead of a screenshot off social media. This little guy is going to see a fair bit of action in the coming months

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:53 pm Went and picked up the pot today so here's a couple shots in my own hand instead of a screenshot off social media. This little guy is going to see a fair bit of action in the coming months

Not sure if it's the cavernous fore end on that thing, or maybe a narrower shank, but it looks a tad longer than the pipes you usually smoke, no?
Either way, it's a beaut.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:37 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:53 pm Went and picked up the pot today so here's a couple shots in my own hand instead of a screenshot off social media. This little guy is going to see a fair bit of action in the coming months

Not sure if it's the cavernous fore end on that thing, or maybe a narrower shank, but it looks a tad longer than the pipes you usually smoke, no?
Either way, it's a beaut.
I think it's a combination of both. It measures right at 5 1/8" long so it's fairly close to the max length I prefer. I do smoke a lot of very short / stubby pipes
9 Iron
Founding Member

Pulled the trigger on another old unsmoked gem, a saddle pot marked London Dock.

ImageImageImageImage
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

9 Iron wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:01 pm Pulled the trigger on another old unsmoked gem, a saddle pot marked London Dock.

ImageImageImageImage
What a great looking pipe!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017