Latest Pipe Acquisition 2019

User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 2975
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Sun May 05, 2019 8:24 am

9 Iron wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:31 am
Just nabbed this Kaywoodie 100th anniversary pipe to add to the collection, I was surprised there were any left at all.

Image
Very nice!
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 3):
Middle EarthFr_TomThelonious monkfish
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Image
User avatar
Middle Earth
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm
Location: Middle Earth

Sun May 05, 2019 9:59 am

Got a couple Stanwell estates to go with the GBDs
Stanwell Hand Made Sandblasted (95R) (Modele Depose) (1948-1960s)
Stanwell Sandblasted (91R) (Regd. No.) (1948-1960s)

ImageImage
This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 9):
houtenziel9 IronLongshanksIslayphileMr BeardsleyFr_TomThelonious monkfishPeacockFlyfish Falls
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2478
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Sun May 05, 2019 2:39 pm

Middle Earth wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:59 am
Got a couple Stanwell estates to go with the GBDs
Stanwell Hand Made Sandblasted (95R) (Modele Depose) (1948-1960s)
Stanwell Sandblasted (91R) (Regd. No.) (1948-1960s)

ImageImage
I would do bad bad things for that 95r. What a beautiful shape
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 5):
houtenzielBruyere_RoyaleMiddle EarthThelonious monkfishPeacock
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 2975
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Sun May 05, 2019 2:41 pm

Pulled the trigger on a new Kaywoodie.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 6):
Mr BeardsleyhoutenzielMiddle Earth9 IronFr_TomThelonious monkfish
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Image
User avatar
9 Iron
Founding Member
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Sun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:41 pm
Pulled the trigger on a new Kaywoodie.
Pictures?
This post by 9 Iron liked by (total 4):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMiddle EarthThelonious monkfish
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 2975
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Sun May 05, 2019 4:18 pm

9 Iron wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:18 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:41 pm
Pulled the trigger on a new Kaywoodie.
Pictures?
I bought one directly from Bill, he only has a shot of a pile of pipes. I bought a dark blast Apple.🙂
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 5):
9 IronMr BeardsleyFr_TomMiddle EarthThelonious monkfish
Tsal... 🎳 A Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Image
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2478
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Sun May 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:39 pm
Middle Earth wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 9:59 am
Got a couple Stanwell estates to go with the GBDs
Stanwell Hand Made Sandblasted (95R) (Modele Depose) (1948-1960s)
Stanwell Sandblasted (91R) (Regd. No.) (1948-1960s)

ImageImage
I would do bad bad things for that 95r. What a beautiful shape
Actually after looking up the shapes it's the 91r that really catches my eye by a slim margin. Both are beautiful examples of Danish greatness
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
IslayphileMiddle EarthThelonious monkfish
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
Middle Earth
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm
Location: Middle Earth

Sun May 05, 2019 10:53 pm

Agree, the Danish Stanwells are great deals as Estate pipes. These are probably as old as I am or older.
The 91R is the Volcano shape on the left above. I agree it is a great shape and has a better blast.
They go well with the GBDs as I mentioned. From the same shape/feel family.

ImageImage
This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 4):
Mr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyaleThelonious monkfishPeacock
User avatar
Middle Earth
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm
Location: Middle Earth

Sun May 05, 2019 11:09 pm

Actually just got one more of these for a great price. The GBDs are great estates as well for the money.
GBD Rockroot Colossus Tomato with Perspex Stem (9643) (pre-1980)

Image
This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyBruyere_RoyaleThelonious monkfish
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2478
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Mon May 06, 2019 12:12 am

Middle Earth wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:09 pm
Actually just got one more of these for a great price. The GBDs are great estates as well for the money.
GBD Rockroot Colossus Tomato with Perspex Stem (9643) (pre-1980)

Image
Those gbd tomatoes are stunners. Not from ebay are they? I've been keeping my eyes peeled on stanwell and gbd pretty religiously for the past couple of months over there
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 5):
Fr_TomBruyere_RoyaleThelonious monkfishMiddle EarthPeacock
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Post Reply