Latest Tobacco Purchase 2020

Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Not really a purchase but I received a package of 3 tins of 3P's and a MM Pride to replace the moldy FVF I had bought. Have too much open right now and it's hard not to pop a tin.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Maynard

Johnny wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:16 pm
JTWilliams wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:06 pm
Johnny wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:03 pm

I do the same thing then order too much tobacco and need to buy more jars. Then extra jars and another tobacco order... just snowballs from there. If only tins were cheaper
It's a vicious cycle, yes?
I will say that TAD has cut down significantly on my alcohol consumption.
Life is full of little trade-offs.
Haven't had a drink in almost 2 years which means that when I turn 40 in March, I'll have been sober over 2 years. I've rewarded myself 5 birth year Dunhills for staying clean! Might have to get something special this year for making it another year lol
Congratulations, 3.5 for me, after 10 years amateur drinker, 25 years professional and no cravings now.
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Ordered 3 tins of 1792 this morning. Can't remember how long since I've had any but do remember liking it
avid

Despite my solemn promise, I'm eyeing a tobacco purchase, to include a pouch of SWR. I have an old pouch of SWRA, which I like very well. Should I bother with SWR...or is it about the same as SWRA...?!?

Also, I ahae to say regarding pouches, the plastic ones that wrap well around the contents seem to do a pretty good job of keeping the tobacco from drying out. I have some that are fairly old, not a problem.
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

avid wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:11 pm Despite my solemn promise, I'm eyeing a tobacco purchase, to include a pouch of SWR. I have an old pouch of SWRA, which I like very well. Should I bother with SWR...or is it about the same as SWRA...?!?

Also, I ahae to say regarding pouches, the plastic ones that wrap well around the contents seem to do a pretty good job of keeping the tobacco from drying out. I have some that are fairly old, not a problem.
They are fairly different really - even down to the cut. I say try it, but be prepared for an OTC burley experience out of the SWR.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

avid wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:11 pm Despite my solemn promise, I'm eyeing a tobacco purchase, to include a pouch of SWR. I have an old pouch of SWRA, which I like very well. Should I bother with SWR...or is it about the same as SWRA...?!?

They're night and day ! SWR is very " plain " burley in a near cube cut ... but not really a cube cut , like a cube cut that came undone , whereas swra is a nearvribbon cut and flavored quite a bit .

SWR = codger burley . It's killer in a cob. I can't recall how many times I posted SWR / COB/ Coffee at the old psf site . Seriously , even if you don't care for it , you have to try it in a cob with coffee .... it just works so well
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:49 pm
They're night and day ! SWR is very " plain " burley in a near cube cut ... but not really a cube cut , like a cube cut that came undone , whereas swra is a nearvribbon cut and flavored quite a bit .

SWR = codger burley . It's killer in a cob. I can't recall how many times I posted SWR / COB/ Coffee at the old psf site . Seriously , even if you don't care for it , you have to try it in a cob with coffee .... it just works so well
The cut on SWR reminds me a little of Grape Nuts.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

sisyphus wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:22 pm Image
HU makes a blend that I loved so much , directors something or other . It's a disc blend and is just fabulous becausebit employs burley and not just a va disc like most . It so rocks !

I've not had the one you posted... what is it's components
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:53 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:49 pm

The cut on SWR reminds me a little of Grape Nuts.
Yes , little grape nuts and sone broken grape nuts . It's really good " regular " stuff , don't you think ? It's just very uncomplicated