Latest Tobacco Purchase 2021

Wildcat
Codger in Training

Riff89 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:33 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:41 pm
fingall wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:35 pm
Agreed. A moka pot makes a nice espresso
Now there are coffee snobs who will argue this point til the cows come home...the heck with them.
Yep I’m thankful not to be a snob of any sorts but especially with coffee and tobacco. They all fall into two categories for me either I like em or I don’t. I’ve had some gourmet stuff that tasted aweful and I’ve had some cheap stuff that tasted great. I’m sure the ole moka pot will work just fine for what I’m after.
I'd like to try one of these one day...
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Jlando19

Riff89 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:30 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:26 pm
Riff89 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:47 pm Image

Wife brought me home some treats from her girls day (she brought our bulldog to the groomer lol) she also grabbed me a moka pot since I’ve been jonesing for espresso but I’m too cheap to buy a legit espresso machine lol.
I'm excited to hear about the Sobremesa, I haven't located one yet.
While I’m no cigar reviewer I’ll let y know what I think of it when I smoke it!
I feel ya man. That's all I could ask for.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Riff89

Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:42 pm

Now there are coffee snobs who will argue this point til the cows come home...the heck with them.
Yep I’m thankful not to be a snob of any sorts but especially with coffee and tobacco. They all fall into two categories for me either I like em or I don’t. I’ve had some gourmet stuff that tasted aweful and I’ve had some cheap stuff that tasted great. I’m sure the ole moka pot will work just fine for what I’m after.
Me too!! Coffee culture has always fascinated me, I’m not sure where the closest place to get Turkish coffee is but I’m gonna check now!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mrs Cat gave yours truly some birthday moola for my 56th.

56?!! When did that happen?!!

It came with implicit instructions to spend it at Pipes&Cigars. P&C happened to send me a birthday email with 20% off, so I added some of my own cash and I spent enough to get free shipping and a free Cap'n Black lighter too. Happy birthday to me!

The New Cuba Robustos and the Barrel Aged Plum Pudding are me being good to my word of stepping out of my wheelhouse! Here's hoping! (The King Edwards are new to me too, but not outside my usual comfort zone 😂 )
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:55 pm Mrs Cat gave yours truly some birthday moola for my 56th.

It came with implicit instructions to spend it at Pipes&Cigars. P&C happened to send me a birthday email with 20% off, so I added some of my own cash and I spent enough to get free shipping and a free Cap'n Black lighter too. Happy birthday to me!

The New Cuba Robustos and the Barrel Aged Plum Pudding are me being good to my word of stepping out of my wheelhouse! Here's hoping! (The King Edwards are new to me too, but not outside my usual comfort zone 😂 )
You went for a whole box of KE !

Well , happy freakin birthday my friend . Now im psyched
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
fingall
Member in Good Standing

Riff89 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:51 pm
Me too!! Coffee culture has always fascinated me, I’m not sure where the closest place to get Turkish coffee is but I’m gonna check now!
It's worth it. Simple to make and the taste is wonderful. I don't put sugar in espresso but sweetened Turkish coffee is just great (I do like sweetened coffee in general though). Just be sure to get Turkish ground coffee (Amazon has it, or if you have a middle eastern shop/restaurant nearby, they'll have it). They have Turkish ground coffee just plain, and there's one with cardamom added to it; both are good.
fingall
Member in Good Standing

fingall wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:35 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:26 pm

Your wife is a nice lady..A moka pot does the job just fine, that's all I ever use. Don't wash the pot just wipe it dry... it'll season nicely.
Agreed. A moka pot makes a nice espresso
You said it. Many years ago I was engaged to a 100% Italian gal (both her parents were born and raised in Italy, with their parents still living there, frequent visits, etc). I went with her to visit her family in Sicily and I don't remember a single family member that we visited making espresso that was not in a moka pot. Here at home, that's all my gal and her family used too. Like you said, to heck with them.
fingall
Member in Good Standing

fingall wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:41 am
It's worth it. Simple to make and the taste is wonderful. I don't put sugar in espresso but sweetened Turkish coffee is just great (I do like sweetened coffee in general though). Just be sure to get Turkish ground coffee (Amazon has it, or if you have a middle eastern shop/restaurant nearby, they'll have it). They have Turkish ground coffee just plain, and there's one with cardamom added to it; both are good.
There are other brands out there but I've had this one before and to my memory it's very good.

Cafe Najjar Classic with Cardamom Turkish-style ground coffee 450g (1 lbs) (Lebanon)

Cafe Najjar Classic Turkish-style ground coffee 450g (1 lbs) (Lebanon)
fingall
Member in Good Standing

fingall wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:05 am
fingall wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:41 am
There are other brands out there but I've had this one before and to my memory it's very good.

Cafe Najjar Classic with Cardamom Turkish-style ground coffee 450g (1 lbs) (Lebanon)

Cafe Najjar Classic Turkish-style ground coffee 450g (1 lbs) (Lebanon)
Sorry, having trouble posting links/images for some reason. Try again:
ImageImage
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Wildcat wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:55 pm Mrs Cat gave yours truly some birthday moola for my 56th.

Expected delivery was this coming Monday, but to my surprise tracking said it was delivered last night at 625pm. It was 7 when I looked so out to the front door I went to find zip, zero, nada. This morning I checked our mailbox expecting to find a key for one of the big parcel boxes. Nope. Nuthin. So I went to the USPS website and it essentially says, that even though we said it was delivered, it may not have been delivered and I need to wait 24 hours to file a report.

*sigh*