1990s Kentucky Club

sisyphus
Site Admin

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:00 pm

so happy to get this. You pay a lot of money for old tobacco, so when you find something on the internet you really want you're equal parts happy to have snagged some and scared the seal won't be any good. This tin looks identical to my 1983 tin. The colors were much better on this tin, like it had been stored somewhere dark. I don't know who all owned the Kentucky Club name over the years and before Middleton. I am going to take an educated guess that this is a 1990s tin. The 1983 tin smelled like chocolate and is like smoking chocolate cake. This one has that, but the primary thing I get from this is some dark, sweet fruit. I'm looking forward to smoking a bowl of this tonight.

This will be a special occasion tobacco for me. Glad I have two 14oz tins jarred up. It's really special and there is no other tobacco I'd be this excited to get. If I never get any more of this it's nice to know that I actually have enough around now to smoke the occasional bowl and it should last me a long time at that rate.
This post by sisyphus liked by (total 8):
Bro UhahasimplepipesJTWilliamsavidhoutenzielKevin KeithWhalehead KingSerenity
Exemplo Ducemus
Bro Uhaha
Member in Good Standing

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:07 pm

sisyphus wrote:

so happy to get this. You pay a lot of money for old tobacco, so when you find something on the internet you really want you're equal parts happy to have snagged some and scared the seal won't be any good. This tin looks identical to my 1983 tin. The colors were much better on this tin, like it had been stored somewhere dark. I don't know who all owned the Kentucky Club name over the years and before Middleton. I am going to take an educated guess that this is a 1990s tin. The 1983 tin smelled like chocolate and is like smoking chocolate cake. This one has that, but the primary thing I get from this is some dark, sweet fruit. I'm looking forward to smoking a bowl of this tonight.

This will be a special occasion tobacco for me. Glad I have two 14oz tins jarred up. It's really special and there is no other tobacco I'd be this excited to get. If I never get any more of this it's nice to know that I actually have enough around now to smoke the occasional bowl and it should last me a long time at that rate.
That was a hiss, man! No question.
This post by Bro Uhaha liked by (total 3):
sisyphusJTWilliamsRay Mackessy
'Ahab could discover no sign in the sea.' -Melville
JTWilliams

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:37 pm

sisyphus wrote:

"Oh yeah!" Best part!
This post by JTWilliams liked by (total 3):
sisyphusBro Uhahahoutenziel
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:55 pm

Great blend. Too bad it's no longer in production. I mixed my Kentucky Club Mild with 5 Brothers and am down to my last 2 ounces. Enjoy your moment.
This post by Ray Mackessy liked by:
sisyphus
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Cool !!! I saw where you were waiting on it in another thread and ... psych !!!

That was a hissing python , man ... Enjoy !
This post by Ruffinogold liked by:
sisyphus
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
Bro Uhaha
Member in Good Standing

Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:55 pm

This post by Bro Uhaha liked by:
sisyphus
'Ahab could discover no sign in the sea.' -Melville
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:48 pm

That's beautiful tin art through the years. I'd put money on that horse!
A nobody who is nobody's business.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:53 pm

Man , if I ever come across a Kentucky Club Continental tub ... I'd drop some coin on it , I would . The Kentucky Clubs were all good
This post by Ruffinogold liked by:
Whalehead King
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows " 13th apostle
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Man , if I ever come across a Kentucky Club Continental tub ... I'd drop some coin on it , I would . The Kentucky Clubs were all good
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." Somebody said that about Kentucky Club, once. I don't remember who.
This post by Whalehead King liked by:
Ruffinogold
A nobody who is nobody's business.
sisyphus
Site Admin

Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:29 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Derby Club isn't too shabby IMO
This post by sisyphus liked by:
Ruffinogold
Exemplo Ducemus