Latest Tobacco Purchase 2020

User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil
Posts: 6677
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Dr Uhaha wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:27 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:05 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Yeah, I am in Oregon.. I am painfully aware of their existence. Although, I am sure you probably get a pretty good dose over in NJ too. It seems these things start on the edges and move to the middle.
I've been going to NYC since I was 16 and up until 1999 everything seemed "normal". The resurgence of Hipster came outta Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It was a good town to go to dive bars and watch local bands and it was located under and around the Brooklyn Bridge. Once they claimed it as DUMBO Down Under the Manhattan Brooklyn Overpass it was all down hill from there. Now it's ruined, overpriced and nothing but, well...
Image
:lol:
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 4):
Fr_TomDr UhahaMikeDennisonMiddle Earth
.................🎳
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil
Posts: 6677
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:23 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:05 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Yeah, I am in Oregon.. I am painfully aware of their existence. Although, I am sure you probably get a pretty good dose over in NJ too. It seems these things start on the edges and move to the middle.
The resurgence of Hipster came outta Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Freakin' Satmar, man.
All of Brooklyn.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 4):
Fr_TomKevin KeithMikeDennisonMiddle Earth
.................🎳
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 4990
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Texas

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:19 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:23 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:05 pm The resurgence of Hipster came outta Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Freakin' Satmar, man.
All of Brooklyn.
The other day I asked a young lady if she was from Long Island based on her accent. She got mad and said, "I'm from Brooklyn!" Hipsters! Or...

This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 3):
Bruyere_RoyaleMikeDennisonMiddle Earth
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Jersey Devil
Posts: 6677
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm
Location: Pine Barrens

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:10 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:19 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:23 pm Freakin' Satmar, man.
All of Brooklyn.
The other day I asked a young lady if she was from Long Island based on her accent. She got mad and said, "I'm from Brooklyn!" Hipsters! Or...

It's too early for this. Lol
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonMiddle Earth
.................🎳
User avatar
Citizen B
Active Member
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:10 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:19 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:23 pm
Freakin' Satmar, man.
All of Brooklyn.
The other day I asked a young lady if she was from Long Island based on her accent. She got mad and said, "I'm from Brooklyn!" Hipsters! Or...

This post by Citizen B liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonFr_TomMiddle Earth
“The true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators, but traditionalists.”
User avatar
MikeDennison
Codger in Training
Posts: 3928
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Citizen B wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:47 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:10 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:19 am All of Brooklyn.
The other day I asked a young lady if she was from Long Island based on her accent. She got mad and said, "I'm from Brooklyn!" Hipsters! Or...

Haven't see Fr Guido in years! Awesome! :lol:
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 2):
Fr_TomMiddle Earth
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
User avatar
Houtenziel
Codger in Training
Posts: 3343
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm

I need more Burley in my life, so breaking my quantity rule, I bought a half pound each of MB Golden Extra and Symphony.
This post by Houtenziel liked by (total 5):
Thelonious monkfishMiddle EarthMr BeardsleyFr_TomMikeDennison
---------------------------------------------------------
“A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you.”
― C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Senior Member
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:05 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:30 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:08 pm These people actually exist!
Yeah, I am in Oregon.. I am painfully aware of their existence. Although, I am sure you probably get a pretty good dose over in NJ too. It seems these things start on the edges and move to the middle.
I've been going to NYC since I was 16 and up until 1999 everything seemed "normal". The resurgence of Hipster came outta Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It was a good town to go to dive bars and watch local bands and it was located under and around the Brooklyn Bridge. Once they claimed it as DUMBO Down Under the Manhattan Brooklyn Overpass it was all down hill from there. Now it's ruined, overpriced and nothing but, well...
Effin' Williamsburg! Used to have family in Bushwick and recall that time frame exactly, by 2000 it had been overrun. Used to be a few bars there I enjoyed when you could still smoke.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 5):
Middle EarthDr UhahaMr BeardsleyFr_TomMikeDennison
User avatar
Citizen B
Active Member
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Houtenziel wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:11 pm I need more Burley in my life, so breaking my quantity rule, I bought a half pound each of MB Golden Extra and Symphony.
Two words if you want some old school burley blends: LJ Piretti.

This shop and its recipes aren't usually on the top of anyone's list of must-haves except for the Thanksgiving blend, but these are good burley based blends, mixed in house according to recipes that go back more than a hundred years in the heart of downtown Boston. Here's another two words: No Name. Here's another two words: Cuban Mixture.

Sample Piretti's catalogue if you have the opportunity. You won't regret it, unless you go all in with No Name. That is a tobacco you will either love or hate. It is Hefneresque, which has its upsides and its downsides.
This post by Citizen B liked by (total 3):
Middle EarthMikeDennisonThelonious monkfish
“The true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators, but traditionalists.”
User avatar
Houtenziel
Codger in Training
Posts: 3343
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm

Citizen B wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:05 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:11 pm I need more Burley in my life, so breaking my quantity rule, I bought a half pound each of MB Golden Extra and Symphony.
Two words if you want some old school burley blends: LJ Piretti.

This shop and its recipes aren't usually on the top of anyone's list of must-haves except for the Thanksgiving blend, but these are good burley based blends, mixed in house according to recipes that go back more than a hundred years in the heart of downtown Boston. Here's another two words: No Name. Here's another two words: Cuban Mixture.

Sample Piretti's catalogue if you have the opportunity. You won't regret it, unless you go all in with No Name. That is a tobacco you will either love or hate. It is Hefneresque, which has its upsides and its downsides.
I have tried a few of Peretti blends, including No Name(not a fan), and they were decent. That was about the extent of my feeling for them, and I got the impression that I was largely paying for some boutique name at 4.30 an oz plus a nearly $10 minimum shipping charge(even if you just order a single ounce!).
If I am going to lay that kind of coin out for Burley, I'd probably order from Watch City or Uhle's. Lucky for me I have cheap taste buds. :D
This post by Houtenziel liked by (total 4):
Middle EarthMr BeardsleyMikeDennisonThelonious monkfish
---------------------------------------------------------
“A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you.”
― C.S. Lewis
Post Reply